Chapter 27

Ever since that night he came home after the full moon, Remus felt like he was finally free of something. Even with everything going on around them Remus was starting to feel a little happy. It made him guilty in this situation but he couldn't help it. Having so many people around you – especially Sirius Black – would cause that effect.

He started to allow himself to enjoy the moment and when he tried to see through what happened between them in the past, the times he spent with Sirius got better and better. They talked now like they did back then when they were only teenagers, freely with no hard feelings.

It sometimes happened though... the flashbacks... the hurt feelings... but it was normal and all right as long as they were getting better.

He noticed the way Sirius sometimes flirt with him but he let it pass by only because he didn't want to start arguing... or that's what he told himself... he let Sirius brush against him sometimes... it mostly happened during their duels. It didn't take Sirius that long to find his form back and be able to win against him. Remus remembered how he used to complain about Sirius's talents while he had to work his arse off.

Since the children were gone, he and Sirius didn't have to share rooms anymore but they still ended up sleeping in each other's bed because they spent the nights together until they fell asleep.

He felt guilty every time he had to leave the house for order's business. Sirius was always grumpy when he left.

The order meetings continued even if there were many absences. One day Mundungus showed up with shocking news.

"Secret Defence against the Dark Arts group. They can't stand doing nothing, right?" said Remus after the meeting when it was only him and Sirius

Sirius chuckled

"I know you think it's necessary that they learn how to defend themselves – and I agree – but they must really be cautious not to get caught. Umbridge will make their lives hell"

"She already is"

"I know but Sirius you know how much power she has! I mean where are they even going to meet? Under her nose?"

"They got the map; they won't get caught"

"Padfoot, we used to have the map but we still got caught sometimes"

"You know and I know that we wouldn't get caught if it wasn't what we wanted to"

"Correction, you and James wanted to."

"I don't remember anything you didn't participate in"

"I only said I never wished to get caught and think again who got the more detention?"

Sirius giggled "Well luckily your smart arse prevented you to get caught and gifted us a prefect of our own."

"Yeah, that was when there was less problem for you and more problem for me"

"Oh, you enjoyed every moment of it, old friend mine"

"Harry's got two prefects by his side. That's even better I didn't only have the problem of covering up for you in front of the professors, Lily was always the hardest to get through."

"The fifth year," said Sirius in a low voice "She only liked you in that year. She was always devastated by us."

Remus chuckled "You know how many times she lectured me about picking better friends? Not to mention how I had to put good words for James. She began to like me less after that. You know it wasn't enough for James that I did it once"

Sirius laughed out loud

"Remember that song he wrote her?" Sirius asked

Remus choked on his drink laughing