Chapter 2

(Yoongi)

"Yes!! We're one step closer to our plan. I got into the Pack as an Omega and even got a job as his daughter's bodyguard."

"That's great hyung!! So what is your plan??" Jimin, my Gamma who managed to survive, asked me from the other side of the line.

"I want to be a faithful citizen here, at first!! I want to gain everyone's trust!! But the thing is that it takes a hell lot of time!! And I want him dead like..... like within this year!!"

"Hyung!! Work like this needs a lot of patience, which you seriously don't have. Tell your wolf to have a hold on himself, or else you may blow your cover off and get killed before you kill him!!"

I hummed on the line.

"Okay hyung!! Let's stop here!! We'll call each other some other time. Or else you may attract negative attention. You're still new here!!"

"Alright Jimin ah!! Take care of yourself. Bye!!"

I cut the call and sat on my bed. I was still not used to the bouncy feeling I got when I sat on it. The soft mattress became friends with my back and I laid down on the bed, my eyes facing the white ceiling of my room.

Ever since I got a job in incognito here. I was offered a single bedroom house to stay. And since I was special, as in I had the job of protecting that brat's daughter, I was pretty privileged.

But I never let any of those luxuries effect my mind and my mind stayed on my mission. That is, kill Dong Wook. I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe, thinking about my conversation with Jimin, when a sound of my door knocking startled me. I immediately jumped up from my bed and stealthily went to the door, prepared for any sort of a sudden attack.

But when I opened the door, I was greeted by a smile I had not expected. A man, probably a year or two older than me was standing outside my house. He was in a white T-shirt with black skinny jeans and was wearing a red plaid jacket. His cheeky smile made me loosen from my defensive stance.

"Hello!!" The said person had a sweet honey voice. "You must be Min Yoongi, the newbie, right??"

I nodded. He stretched out a hand towards me. I looked at his hand and back to him surprised. He nodded and I slowly extended my hand to shake it with him.

"I'm Kim Seokjin, the Beta of this Pack!! Nice to meet you!!"

"But what are you doing in my house??"

"Hey, I'm not prejudiced!! So what if you're an Omega, you're one of us!" Seokjin waved his hand at me matter-of-factly.

'Guess this guy doesn't know that you asked him this question with a whole different meaning!!' My wolf shook his head in a done way.

"Since it is my last day here....."

"Where are you going??" I asked but immediately regretted it.

"I have to go for training!! That's why I won't be here for a few months!! So since it is my last day here, I want to take you with me and show you around!!"

"It's fine! I'm good here!"

"I didn't ask! I told you!!"

Even before I could say something, Seokjin held my hand and pulled me out with him.

For an hour or so, we were touring the Pack premises and not gonna lie, the setting was extremely beautiful. The Lazuli Estate had a large pond with sparkling blue water, so transparent that we could see fishes of various colors swimming in the water.