XI. night night

y/n's pov:
continuation of last chapter:

I WALKED INSIDE MY HOUSE AND noticed  that it was completely dark meaning brian probably wasn't home yet

I WALKED INSIDE MY HOUSE AND noticed  that it was completely dark meaning brian probably wasn't home yet. i walked up to my room and put my things down. i changed into comfortable clothes and made my way to the baker's.

walking into the baker household i realized that ellen and clint are most likely asleep. i walked upstairs and made my way towards marcus' room. i knew he wasn't asleep. this boy couldn't sleep for the life of him that's why we always hung out around this time. we're insomniac buddies.

i knocked on the door once before walking straight in. he was watching an episode of criminal minds. and he seemed so focused it was adorable.

"hey bud, how ya doin'?" i playfully asked, making my way to the other side of the bed.

as i plopped down on the soft mattress he glanced my way, shrugging his shoulders. i gave him a genuine smile before grabbing the remote and pausing the show.

"i was watching that y'know" he stated the obvious, gesturing to the tv.

"you wanna talk about whatever's bugging you?" i ask sincerely. he usually opens up to me without me having to ask. so whatever's bothering him most be really important.

"not really" he replied, a glum look on his face.

i sighed. "okay, then, how bout we talk about something else. for example that girl you like?"

ever since he mentioned liking a girl the day he rejected ginny's kiss i've been curious and never really had the chance to ask him. so why not seize the opportunity and ask him now.

"what?" he blurted out, acting weirder by the second. "what're you talking about?"

"dude chill, remember the day ginny kissed you" he nodded. "well you pushed her off. you said that you liked someone else. soo?" i finished, looking at him but he wouldn't meet my gaze.

"so what?" he said finally making eye contact with me.

"tell me about her." i pestered.

"it doesn't matter. she isn't into me." he sighed.

i could tell he looked upset and i didn't like it. it hurt me to see him upset over a girl.

"what do you mean?" i ask.

he started fiddling with the hem of his shirt. he usually doesn't do that unless he's really, really, nervous.