XV. you don't have to pretend

y/n's pov;
continuation of the last chapter:

MY FACE FELL AS I WATCHED THE VIDEO of both samantha and abby giving press a lap dance

MY FACE FELL AS I WATCHED THE VIDEO of both samantha and abby giving press a lap dance. i didn't know what to say or think. at this point i was just numb. i didn't feel anything anymore. being hurt by the people that you love and care for over and over again tends to leave you like that.

marcus had now shut his phone off, bringing me into his arms. my face was in the crook of his neck as his head was leaning against mine. i say i'm numb but being in marcus' arms just made me want to breakdown completely and let it all out.

before i could even let out a single tear the door flew opened and brian's words were probably heard throughout the whole entire house.

"i'm gonna kill him i swea!- is she okay!?" brian shouted frantically.

i was confused as to how the hell he found out considering i didn't see marcus text him. that's when it clicked. i untangled myself from marcus' grip and grabbed my phone that was on the nightstand.

unlocking my phone i indeed noticed an attachment to an unknown number. i opened it not even having to play the video to know what it was. i shut my phone off and tossed it onto the other side of the bed.

i didn't know what to think or say. my head was pounding and my hands were shaky. then i heard a bunch of noise coming from max's room. she probably came home drunk. i got up from the bed, walking to the door.

"[y/n/n], what are you-" marcus began but i cut him off.

"max is here and probably drunk, are you coming or not?" i explain nonchalantly.

...
no one's pov:

both marcus and yourself made your way to max's room, brian following behind.

"max, what the?" marcus said looking at ginny attempting to get max in bed.

"shit" you muttered, making your way to max and trying to tuck her in.

"marcus? max? what's going on?" ellen called out.

marcus walked out of the room as he spoke "sorry, mom."

"my mom" max whined.

"no, no." you stated trying to keep her in bed as marcus came up with a lame excuse.

"i was just trying to..." marcus paused for a moment.

"i love her" max called out as you shushed her.

"..trying to scare max." he finished.

"don't scare your sister" mrs.baker called out once again.

"yeah"

[y/n]'s pov:
(i didn't realize i changed pov's while writing)

after saying goodnight marcus walked back in closing the door behind him. he made his way to me pulling max's legs back onto the mattress.