XVIII. idiots

y/n's pov:
continuation of the last chapter:

A MOMENT AGO I HAD SHOUTED FOR BOTH boys to come down

A MOMENT AGO I HAD SHOUTED FOR BOTH boys to come down. I wanted to introduce maria (who just showed up with the kids), to both brian and marcus considering they'll be here accompanying me while i watch them.

as they got on either side of me i pointed to my left then right. "this is my brother brian and marcus, our next door neighbor."

both marcus and my brother looked extremely offended.

"just brother huh? she means twin brother." brian spoke glaring at me.

then followed marcus.

"i'm not just her next door neighbor, i'm the best thing to ever happen to h-" i slapped my hand across his mouth to prevent him from speaking anymore.

"i'm sorry about them, i'll take them from here." i apologized and stepped aside for the kids to come inside.

as the kids made their way inside to sit on the couch and play with the toys they brought, their mother asked me to help her with one more bag that she had in the trunk of the car.

"so is it just you and your brother? oh and that boy marcus is he your boyfriend or something. i see the way he looks at you." maria states.

i blush out of awkwardness and possibly because of the fact that she brought up the fact that marcus looks at me a certain way which i doubt.

"no our parents are away on business, and no he's not my boyfriend, i also seriously doubt he looks at me in any kind of way. we're really close that's it." i clarify.

"oh honey, the way that young man looks at you, it's like you're his entire world and more."

i smile wide but shake my head in denial.

...

marcus' pov:

as soon as [y/n] stepped out of the house i immediately yanked brian into the kitchen.

"what the hell dude!" he snapped.

"shut up. do you still have that picture? the one with your biological mom in it?" i asked frantically, not wanting [y/n] to come in and hear our conversation.

"no, casper has it" he replied sarcastically rolling his eyes. after he saw the exasperated look on my face he pulled the picture from out of his pocket and handed it to me.

as i scanned the photo again it confirmed everything.

"okay what's going on? what's up with you being all obsessed with this picture and please don't tell me it's because you're like madly in love with-"

"i'm pretty sure you just met your biological mother" i said seriously ignoring what he was about to say.

he instantly took the picture out of my hand and looked at it, then looked up to where [y/n] was speaking with their mother.

his face dropped. he looked overly upset. he started to make his way to the door but i stopped him.

"brian, brian, listen to me. we need to wait to tell [y/n]. she'll be crushed. absolutely crushed, imagine what that'd do to her. and not to mention that those two kids sitting on your couch watching paw patrol are you half siblings."

there was no confirming for a fact that maria was there biological mother unless she says so herself. but don't think i didn't notice how [y/n] looks so much like maria. and now this picture, it just makes sense.

3rd person pov:

it's been a few hours since maria had left. both marcus and brian feel horrible for keeping such a huge thing from you but they really had no choice.

marcus knows that keeping this big of a secret from you would hurt you even more. he didn't want to lie or look you in the face while you raved about how sweet the twins are, when he knows that they're your siblings.

brian doesn't know how to comprehend any of this information. he wants to go confront her for being a shitty parent and now deciding to intrude there lives without ever letting them know that she was actually here. but he knows that this will affect his sister way more then it does him. he just doesn't feel for the women anymore.

[y/n]'s pov:

it's been an eventful day. i'm glad i had something to keep my mind from all this drama going on in my life. it was a breath of fresh air taking care of both sabrina and sebastian.

they're the most respectful kids ever, well respectful as kids can be i presume. it also made them happy that the boys were there. marcus even took it upon himself to play 'the floor is lava' with them.

seeing them giggle and laugh as they pretended the floor was a hot, gooey substance made my day. and seeing marcus engage with them made me feel all warm inside. ew.

maria had barley came and picked up the kids a few minutes ago and as the doorbell rang signifying she was here i saw the way both marcus and brian tensed. i took it open myself to investigate what the hell that was about.

i plopped onto the couch after having said goodbye. i sighed heavily and spoke. "what was that about?"

brian looked at me and just shrugged "what was that about?"

"you two are acting hostile and it's when maria is mentioned or around and i want to know why."

"no you don't" brian says subconsciously because once he said what he said marcus slapped the back of his head.

"you idiot!"

"you act like i said that on purpose!" brian says irritably.

"you're like actually stupid brian i swear-" before marcus can finish his sentence i cut him off.

"what are you two lying to me about?" i voiced. my tone coming out as hoarse. i hate when people lie, it's always been something i hated.

"we aren't lyin-" brian tries to cover up until marcus cuts him off.

"yes we are!" marcus blurts out.

"who's the idiot now, idiot" brian rolls his eyes then slaps the back of marcus' head.

i stand up not wanting to deal with there antics at this moment. "you guys are both idiots if you ask me" i say loud enough for them to hear me.

 "you guys are both idiots if you ask me" i say loud enough for them to hear me

a/n: hey, omg i'm sorry for making y'all wait so long. a lot has happened and i know this chapter may not be the best but it's something and i'm going to try to upload another chapter soon. thank you all for supporting this book. i love you guys <3