XII. battle of the bands

y/n's pov:

ENGLISH CLASS WAS THE SAME OLD, same old

ENGLISH CLASS WAS THE SAME OLD, same old. boring as fuck. see most of the time i'd show up to school high or sleep through the class but today everyone decided to be chatty and talk about lydia bennet.

blah, blah, blah i didn't pay attention to any of it. i'm kind of surprised that i'm passing the class and i don't do shit. the rest of the class was tolerable considering ginny left early. thank god i don't have to hear her speak anymore.

the bell rung and i gathered my things and made my way to exist the classroom. as soon as i stepped out someone jumped in front of me screaming.

"boo!" brodie exclaimed.

i flinched and before i could look up to see who it was i smacked the back of their head. i looked up to see brodie soothing the spot where i just smacked him.

"ow! what the hell" he shouted, earning us glances from other students.

"if you didn't scare me you wouldn't have gotten smacked" i scolded, walking alongside brodie.

"whatever, so are you coming to battle of the bands tonight?" he asked me excitedly.

"well duh, brian is going so i kind of have to go" i stated. he looked at me almost offended and i knew why. "and my best friend will also be preforming so i have to be there" i said in a teasing manner.

he smiled sheepishly. then we parted ways as he went to berry tree and i went to my brother's locker.

"hey peanut" he spoke softly. "everything ok?"

"why wouldn't it be?" i ask.

"it feels like i haven't spoken to you in days. and i feel bad because you're going through some-" my brother started but i cut him off.

"it's okay. i'm doing better. you don't have to worry about me 24/7" i mumbled the last part.

he looked at me incredulously. "you're joking right? of course i'm going to worry about you. you're my sister." he said sincerely. "and the person i love most in this world" he then added.

i smiled at his kind words. i knew my brother would always be there for me. "so, you and press?" my brother wiggled his brows.

"you and padma?" i tease back.

he gave me a 'how'd you know' look and i just giggled. "my spidey senses kicked in"

"oh yeah i forgot about those" he played along.

i opened my locker that was right beside his and took the books i needed for my next class. "so are you guys official?"

brian looked at me with a wide grin on his face. he shook his head. "no, but things are good"