4 | Stung

______________

Glory And Gore by Lorde

"Glory and gore go hand in hand

"Glory and gore go hand in hand."

______________

The next day, Y/N was working as a Track-Hoe. The girl woke up bright and early, ready before the other Track-Hoes and the keeper; she would wake up earlier because Minho had to leave early.

Minho and Y/N also had another almost kissing, but also hating each other. So, nothing has happened, but Minho has been very protective over her, which she did notice.

Each night, they would talk. They tried to be nice, but that would fail quickly when the insults and teasing started. They had this bond; they both knew they'd only been with each other for a matter of three days, but they did we click, to a certain degree.

After breakfast, Y/N started to help the Track-Hoes; she watered the plants and gardened. Zart, the keeper of the Track-Hoes, was very calm and was easy to listen to when he gave directions and chores.

After lunch, they continued to garden. A few hours later, Y/N was told to grab some fertilizer. She walked into the forest and started to grab some fertilizer but tripped and came face to face with some form of grave. She slowly sat back on her knees, looking at the gravestone reading George. That name seemed familiar, but she couldn't pinpoint it.

The girl froze when she heard heavy and ragged breathing behind her. She turned to see Ben, but he wasn't himself, something was wrong. His veins were blue, his eyes were bloodshot, and his breathing was heavy. "Ben?" She stood up, taking a step back as he watched her. Ben let out a battle cry, then ran at her, taking the girl down.

"It's your fault! You helped them; I saw you," Ben hissed as he kept hitting Y/N, her trying to block but still getting bruised.

Ben began to strangle her, she tried to push him off, but he was so strong. She saw a rock and grabbed it. Y/N hit Ben in the side of his head; he fell off her. Y/N stumbled and got up; she ran through the forest but then tumbled down a hill with Ben; she jumped up and ran out of the forest, yelling as Ben ran after her.

"Hey! Help!" She yelled, running away from Ben.

Y/N saw Newt look up; then some boys running over to help her. Ben tackled her again, but Y/N flipped them and punched him with all she had, making Ben scream.

Ben punched her in the gut, then threw her off; she kicked him in the side but was stuck. Ben started to strangle her again, her bloody lip and purple temple on show with all her bruises as she hit him repeatedly. "You helped them, kill all of them! I saw you kill them! They needed help, and you killed them!"

"B-Ben, stop..." Y/N looked into his eyes as she gasped, then kept hitting him when she saw Ben was gone. She couldn't do anything.

Newt ran and knocked out Ben with a shovel as the boys held him down.

Y/N sat up slowly, pushing herself away from him, trying to catch her breath as she looked over at Ben, Alby lifted his shirt, and there was a sting mark.

Minho then helped her up, "what are you doing here?" She asked breathlessly.

"I got back from the maze early," Minho shrugged as he searched her face. Y/N just nodded and stepped away, looking over at Alby as she kept trying to get her breathing back to normal.

"He's been stung..." Alby trailed off. After that, Ben was put in the pit.

Y/N sat with Jeff checking out her new bruises and cuts as Clint checked the strangling bruises around her neck.

Minho would walk in and check on her, then give a teasing comment, making Y/N fire back, then he would shake his head with a chuckle, leaving. He did this a few times.

After she was done, Y/N walked out and saw some of the boys at the maze entrance. Ben was tied up; they were going to put Ben in the maze.

She ran to them as they began to push Ben through the doors with big pointed sticks.

She tried to see what was happening; she was shocked at what was happening. Ben shouldn't have a death sentence for this if it's not even him. He had no chance of living through the night, especially in the state he was in.

"Y/n, stop, there's nothing you can do," Jeff sighed after the doors closed.

"There has to be something, he didn't mean to; he's out of his mind?" Y/N countered, unsure of what she was even saying.

"There's nothing... Besides, he broke a rule, don't harm any other gladers," Clint added.

"There has to be something-"

"There is nothing," Jeff stated; Y/N sighed and looked back at the closed doors. "Let's finish getting you are stitched up?" Jeff offered a small smile as Clint and Jeff walked Y/N back to the Med-Jack tent and finished cleaning and wrapping all the cuts.

Y/N narrowed her eyes at the maze doors after dinner as she sat up on the lookout tower. It was a three story lookout tower, that looked over the whole glade.

Minho's head appeared as he climbed up the ladder and sat beside her, following her gaze to the doors.

Minho stayed quiet looking at the doors but looked over at Y/N as she kept her gaze on the doors. "If he can go out there when he had no chance... Why can't I go when I can run and survive? I can help us get out of here," she mumbled.

"Because it's dangerous."

"That's a stupid excuse," she scoffed and looking over at him. "I already got attacked and took you down, I can run around out there like you do."

"If you became a runner, you'd have to answer to me, since I'm the keeper."

"If that what its takes..."

"Does that mean your gonna listen to me?"

"Not a chance," she laughed.

"Hm, good to know." Minho nodded and looked back at the door, "ready for bed?"

"I'm going to stay here for a bit longer, go ahead without me." Y/N waved off, laying down on the wood as Minho felt a bit hurt at the words. He nodded and left Y/N with her thoughts.

All she thought about was Ben's words, how she killed them.

Who? Was the question and why? And how did Ben know this? Espesslaily only when he went crazy when he was stung.

Y/N sighed as she walked back to the homestead. Y/N headed to Minho's room; she knocked softly, but when all she heard were tiny snores, she just walked in.

Minho was asleep...

Y/N undressed; she was wearing a bra and underwear when she heard a grumble behind her.

"Now this, I can get used to," Minho wore a cheeky grin, half asleep.

"I bet," she laughed, then grabbed the shirt on the dresser. She slipped the shirt on and got into bed.

"How are you feeling?" Minho questioned, looking over at her.

"I'm okay... It's easier because Ben was a good guy, and that wasn't his choice- to hurt me."

"Okay, I'm happy your okay... Because I can still annoy you, of course," Minho added quickly.

"Thank you... Feelings mutual," she said softly.

They looked at each other, eyes gazing over each other, "I hate you too," they said in union, making them chuckle softly then fall asleep.