25 | First Light

______________

Scared of the Dark by Lil Wayne

"I'm not scared of the dark."

______________

Once it hit, first light, you could see the smoke going up into the sky from the burnt-down Right Arm camp.

"What do we do now?" Frypan asked as he sat on a crate.

Vince then spoke up, "well, we pick up what's left of us. We stick to the plan; we get you, kids, to the safe haven." He stood, looking over the burnt camp, "then we start over, I guess?"

Y/N hobbled out of a tent, bandaged wrapped around her abdomen, "I'm not going with you."

"Y/N, you need to lay back down," Brenda walked to her sister's side and helped her stand.

Vince then looked up at the girl, "what?"

"I made a promise to Minho; I wouldn't leave him behind." She held her head up high, "I have to go after him."

"Hey kid, look around you, all right? WICKED just kicked our ass."

"I'm not scared."

"And you think about where you're headed."

"You were just shot," Fry stood looking at the girl.

"I know, and I'm almost completely healed with my fast healling, remember," she pointed to her face, shoulder and thigh, "I'm not asking anyone to come with me."

"Love, listen to me. I've known Mingo for... For as long as I can remember. So, if there were any way to help him, trust me, I would be there standing next to you. This, what you're talking about, is impossible."

"More like suicide," Jorge scoffed.

"Maybe... But, I love him, Newt. And I will not, I repeat, will not him go through anything close to what I did." She looked at Harriet, "or Aris and Sonya." She looked at Vince, letting go of Brenda, standing on her own, "but I know what I'm supposed to do now. It's not just about Minho; it's about all of us... It's about everyone WICKED's ever taken, everyone they will take. They'll never stop," she shook her head. "They'll never stop, so I'm going to stop them." Y/N looked off into the distance than at everyone, "I'm going to kill Ava Paige."

"I'd have to admit; I'd like some revenge," Harried smirked at the girl.

"Well, that's a good speech, Nakoa. You take after your parents," Vince nodded, "so, what's your plan?"

Everyone looked at Y/N as she smirked, "it's bloody perfect."