7 | Gathering

______________

Everybody Wants To Rule The World  by Lorde

"Nothing ever lasts forever, everybody want to rule the world

"Nothing ever lasts forever, everybody want to rule the world."

______________

Y/N sat in the middle of a gathering in the Council Hall where they would be deciding her fate...

"Things are changing; there's no denying that. First Ben gets stung in broad daylight, and then Alby." Gally sighed, "and now our Greenie here has taken it upon herself to go into the maze. Which is a clear violation of our rules here."

"Yea, but she saved Alby's life," Frypan pointed out.

"Did she?" Gally asked, making Y/N want to strangle him, she had a mutual respect with him, but that was gone now. "For three years, we have coexisted with these things. And now you've killed one of them-"

"Two, I killed two. At least get the story straight before you get on your high horse," the girl sassed.

Gally just sent her a glare and continued, "who knows what that could mean for us?"

"Well, what do you suggest we do?" Newt asked.

"She has to be punished," this made everyone voice their opinions

"I'm so sorry that I saved Minho and Alby's life, did that inconvenience you?" Y/N sassed as she sat back in the chair, arms crossed.

Newt hid his smirk from everyone, but Y/N saw, "Minho, you were there with her; what do you think?"

Everyone was quiet as they waited for Minho to speak; he sighed then crossed his arms. "I think... In all the time we've been here, no ones ever killed a Griever before. When I was going to turn tail and run, this dumb shank made me stay behind and help Alby. She killed two Grievers one to save my life and the other as it chased us... Look, I don't know if she's brave or stupid." Y/N leaned forward, elbows on her knees, thinking she was wrong about Minho, until, he said. "But whatever it is, we need more of it... I say we make her a Runner."

"A Runner? What? Minho, let's not jump the gun here, all right?" Frypan asked as everyone started yelling.

"Y/N, Y/N, Y/N," Chuck chanted, trying to get everyone involved, but gave up when no one joined.

"If you wanna throw the newbie a parade, that's fine. Go ahead. But if there is one thing that I know about the Maze, it is that you do not-" an alarm cut off Gally.

Y/N stood up and ran outside, "okay, wait, wait, I know that sound..."

"The box, it's coming back up?" Chuck asked, confused as he looked at Thomas.