12 | Then We're Done Here

______________

Sober by Lorde

"We pretend that we just don't care, but we care

"We pretend that we just don't care, but we care."

______________

Y/N looked into Minho's eyes with tears in her eyes; Minho held her in his lap, pushing her hair out of her face. Y/N sat up, but Minho tried to keep her down. Which led to Y/N sending him a glare, making Minho sigh and help her up. She looked around and noticed she was in the pit. Minho sat beside her, Thomas and Teresa also in the pit, and the others sitting outside the door.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Chuck scolded.

"W-what happened?"

"Gally's taken control; he said we had a choice. Either join him or get banished at sundown with you," Newt said.

"The others agreed to that?"

"Gally has everyone convinced that you're the reason all this has happened... He thinks you're a spy and a killer, and that you're here to ruin everything," Teresa sighed.

"Well, he's been right so far. I'll give him that," Y/M huffed, sitting straighter as Minho eyed her.

"What are you talking about?" Minho asked; he reached for her, but Y/N just sat there. Making Minho arms drop as he tried to search her eyes.

"This place, it not what we thought it was," Y/N sighed rubbing her forehead, "It's not a prison; it's a test." She sighed and looked at her friends, "It started when we were all kids... They'd give us these challenges. They were experimenting on us... I watched people start to disappear, every month, one after another, it was like clockwork."

"Sending them up into the maze?" Newt questioned, making Y/N nod.

"Yes, but not all of us."

"What do you mean?" Minho scrunched his eyebrows together, trying to understand.

"I remember... I'm one of them... I watched each of you disappear, one after another... The entire time you've been here, I was on the other side of it. I was busy being their spy. They killed my mother and father to get to me, I'm a special immune or something, and since my father trained me, they used me to kill and destroy the good guys." Y/N choked up, "It was bad... It was so bad," she felt tears fall down her face. "I watched you all leave, and I didn't go after you. I couldn't. I tried, but I failed... I did help the good guys by giving them information, by giving my father information, I helped the good guys from the inside... Thomas, you were there. So, was Teresa, you two were inseparable."

"Did we..." Teresa trailed off.

"No... It was just me; I am the only one, Nakoa, meaning Warior," she sighed, leaning against the stone wall.