33 | Goodbye

______________

Hold On by Chord Overstreet

"Hold on, I still want you. Come back, I still need you."

______________

Y/N led them, grabbing Gally's walkie-talkie as she yelled, "Bren, are you there!" Y/N pushed the boys into a small abandoned store, hiding inside.

"Y/N, I'm here."

"We're not going to make it; Lawrence just declared war on WICKED. Take the others and go; I'll find a car or something to steal for us; we'll meet you outside the wall."

"No."

"What the hell do you mean no, Brenda?!"

"I'm not leaving you; we were separated once before; I'm not letting that happen again, okay? So forget it." Y/N laid her head against the wall, knowing how stubborn her sister was; she was the same. "Y/N, don't worry, I'm coming to you!"

"What are you talking about?" Y/N looked at the others as they shrugged.

"Our rides here!" Y/N smirked when she heard the cargo plane over the walkie-talkie, "just look for us near the tunnels."

Y/N sighed and looked at the boys, "let's go," she nodded. "My uncle is right ahead of us; let's go!"

They all ran towards the tunnels as all hell broke loose; all they heard were gunshots, explosions and screams.

"All right, Newt, we're almost there!" Gally yelled as he was beside them. They were about to exit an alleyway when an explosion went off, making Gally fall back, "get back!"

They watched Lawrence's men as they ran through the street; they also saw the cargo plane that was their ride above them. "That's them, we gotta go," Thomas said.

"Go, without me," Newt hit her hands and breathed heavy.

"No," she looked into his eyes, helping him up, "Minho, Thomas, my uncle should be right around the corner; go grab the serum, run!"

"I'll go with him, cover them," Gally nodded.

When the three left, Y/N held Newt up, walking slowly, towards where they ran too. Y/N stumbled a bit but held the boy up as they walked through the burning city.

The two ran through a quiet area, "no, Newt, stay with me," she yelled, but he fell down, gasping for air.

"Come on!" She pulled him as far as she could but fell. "No, we can do this," she pulled him farther as she saw Minho and her uncle running towards her.

"Hurry up-" Y/N was cut off by Newt attacking her, "no!" She screamed as she pushed him off and kicked him in the abdomen, catching the serum; Minho threw and stabbed Newt in the chest with it.

"Please survive," she whispered with tears in her eyes as Minho and her held him, her uncle following behind, covering them.

They ran to the cargo plane, handing Newt off to Thomas, who helped Minho bring him into the plane. Y/N didn't enter the plane; she stood outside looking around, "Y/N, come on!" Brenda yelled from inside.

"No!" She screamed and ran as fast as she could when she saw her uncle running towards the cargo plane, but fall down when he was shot in the chest. It felt like it was in slow motion.

Y/N ran and slide down the railing of the stairs, jumping off, running and body-slamming the WICKED guard down. She then took a knife off her thigh, killing him without hesitation or a second thought, like how she did for WICKED; it was all pure rage. She looked over at her uncle as he laid there, "no, no, no," she cried and ran to him, kneeling beside his body, applying pressure to his chest, with her bare hands.

"H-hey, it's o-okay," Leon cooed as Y/N shook, crying.

She took off her green shirt, now only in her black tank top; she wrapped the shirt in a ball and applied pressure as she cried, "please, hold on. Please, please, hold on, I need you to stay with me..."

"It will be okay," he held her cheek, staining it with his blood.

"No, it won't," she shook her head, "I can't lose you. I lost mom and dad, I can't lose you too," she cried.

"I'll always be right here, when you when wear that," he pointed to her necklace, "with your mom and dad. We would never leave you," he offered a weak smile.

"I can't do this without you," Y/N cried as his chest wouldn't stop bleeding, no matter how much pressure she applied, his blood all up her arms, face and clothing.

"You won't have to; you have all of them... Take this..." He handed her a small needle like key, Y/N looked confused, but still tool it, putting it in her cargo pants, zip-up pocket.

"I love you so much," she cried as she laid her head against his chest.

"I love you more, Y/N Nakoa... Our little warrior," he whispered the last part as he took his last breath.

Y/N cried, pulling away to look at him, "no," she cried, "come back, I still need you."

Her friends ran to the edge of the stairs and saw everything; they had tears in their own eyes. Y/N held his shirt in her fists as she laid her head on his chest, crying and mumbled how she should have done better or what she could have done.

"Y/N," Teresa's voice came through the speakers of the city. "Can you hear me? I need you to listen to me; I know you have no reason to trust me, but I need you to come back. Y/N, you can save everybody; there's still time."

Y/N lifted her head, tear-stained cheeks, "there's no time," she shook her head and continued to cry, but no tears were left.

"There's a reason Brenda isn't sick anymore, and why everyone thought you were the cure, they all thought so with your immune testing, but with everything you've been through and how your blood has changed and evolved. You're the cure. She doesn't have to be the only one, all you have to do is come back, and this will all finally be over. Please, just come back, I know you'll do-" Teresa was cut off when the power when out and the emergency lights came on.

Y/N kissed her uncle Leon's head and stood slowly as her friends walked closer to see Loen. Y/N grabbed his handgun that was knocked down and looked at them. Slowly walking away, Brenda looked at her sister, "where are you going?"

Minho met Y/N's tear-ridden gaze, knowing exactly what she was about to do; he shook his head. "To finish this, go without me, I'll find you," she turned and ran as fast as she could, running back to the WICKED building.