27 | It's so Hard

______________

Fall Apart by Micheal Schulte

"We were running in the dark; we were following our hearts

"We were running in the dark; we were following our hearts. And we would fall, and we would slowly fall apart; we would slowly fall into the dark."

______________

Y/N froze when she heard Aris say that; "I'm sorry," he repeated, but Y/N was already walking out of the room. She walked straight to a room in one of the abandoned ships; she would go to when she needed to be alone. She paced around and yelled as she hit the wall, "damn it!" She fell onto the floor and laid her head against the wall, "I can't find you..." Y/N whispered as she closed her eyes, tears sliding down her face as she thought about all the times she came to this room after missions over the past six months.

All the missions she went on to save other kids at WICKED compounds and bases, never finding Minho. All the missions she went on alone against Vince and Jorge's word to find Minho, but she never did. When she found her uncle and kept in contact with him via secret messages in the radio waves, she hadn't gotten any contact from him in three months, making her think he was dead.

"Where are you?" She whispered, wrapping her jacket around her body; it was Minho's. "It hurts like hell without you," she cried.

After what felt like hours, Y/N laid against the wall, hugging the jacket, tear-stained cheeks and red-faced. She had no more tears left to cry.

Her eyes lingered out the window, looking at the abandoned boats than the old city buildings.

Y/N gasped, sitting up quickly; she was running to the meeting room. She grabbed a ton of maps and old papers she would write down her uncle's hidden messages. She's been to the last city, but she couldn't quite remember where it was. Based on what Aris told her, the messages, maps and fuzzy memories of the location, she knew she could find it.

After hours of reading over papers, she found the location, circling it with a red marker on her map. Y/N called her friends into the room as they all saw the messy state it was in, "what's this about?" Vince questioned as she shushed him and grabbed a hidden message off the floor.

"I read all the messages, got the information Aris told me, the fuzzy memories from my brain, and the map." She sighed heavily as she placed her hands on the table, "the last WICKED city is only a few hundred miles away. Based on everything I know, that's where it is, that's where they're taking Minho, I know where he is," she grinned.

"That's great and all, but it took us six months to get here," Vince countered, "we got over a hundred kids here now. We can't just hang out here forever, after what we just pulled." He shook his head and pointed at her, "you wanna wander off to some random point on the map, do you know it's there for sure? Or are you going to end up finding nothing?"