Letting You Go - (TS : Part - 1)

A story based on the upcoming track of Barrister Babu.. Happy reading ❤️

They had to get separated once again only this time against their wishes. It was a separation just for the sake of the society. Just to set an example and to save lives of many unknown girls who are suffering in the name of mere customs, they had to put their relation at stake. They both were proud of each other's decision but deep down they both were in pain. Their heart was crying by the thought of the life ahead, a life without each other.

It was last night of Bondita in the Roy Choudhury Mansion. The next morning she had to go to her mother who now was in her paternal home and after living their for 1 week she was all set to leave for Dalhousie and this time on her own wish. She didn't even knew when was she going to return to this home. She was not sure too that she will ever return here or not. The place that was her everything, her home, her family and leaving them was getting tough for her.

Nobody in the Roy Choudhury Mansion ate dinner that night. Everyone were in their room, gloomy because they knew from the next day the cheerful Roy Choudhury Mansion won't be the same because the heart of the house was leaving them and this time, forever.

After doing the packing Bondita headed out of her room to cherish in the memories. Every corner of the house held for her stories that she was going to carry in her heart forever. But the dreadful silence of the mansion was killing her. It felt as if it too was mourning her departure like all other members.

And sighing sadly Bondita moved towards the room of her Kaka sasurji. She knew he won't be sleeping and she was right Kaka was crying holding the picture of her and her patibabu. Wiping the tears from the corner of her eyes Bondita moved towards him. And seeing her he looked at her with pleading eyes that told "mat jao naa bahu..tumhare bina kya hoga is ghar ka??" but Bondita's gaze told she won't stop this time breaking his last hope.
But she sat next to him and held his hand with her tiny fingers and continued, "kaka saaurji agar aap ese royenge to baki sab ka kya hoga..apko pata hai naa maine aur patibabu ne ye faisla kyu liya hai..is parivaar ke izzat aur patibabu ek samman par kabhi aanch ane degi kya apki samjhdaar Bondita??" Kaka smiled at her and keeping his hand on her head said,"sach mein tum hi ho is ghar ki laxmi..jahan bhi jao khub tarakki karo aur haan ab Barrister Babu ban k hi is Roy Choudhury Haveli mein wapas ana.. mein toh Dugga mein se yehi dua mangunga k woh mujhe mauka de tumhe phir se dulhan bana kar is haveli mein lane ko.." and Bondita nothing more to say just smiled at him. Then he got up and moved towards his wardrobe and brought a red pouch and handing it to Bondita asked her to open it. She opened the thread only to find two beautiful bangles, the designs were old but looked marvelous and the bangles hadn't lost a bit of its lustre. But they were a little big and Bondita knew it won't fit her. And seeing her confusion he continued, "pata hai bahu ye kangan Anirudh k dadimaa ki hai yani humare maa ki..janta hun bade hain tumhare kalaai kliye isliye diya nehi tumhe par rakhe toh maine sambhal k tumhare liye hi tha aur ab jab tum ja rahi ho toh socha tumhe de dun." And when Bondita was about to deny taking it Kaka continued,"ye mat sochna ki tumhare Kaka saaurji tumhe ye de rahe hain..ye tumhare kaka ki taraf se hai..bahu raho ya na raho par tum toh humesha meri beti rahogi.."
And with this Bondita took the pouch and taking his blessings came out of his room wiping the tears from her eyes but she didn't stopped to look back because she couldn't bear to see her dear Kaka who was always her strength breaking down.

It was getting difficult for Bondita than she had imagined but masking a smile on her face she moved towards the room of her two devars thinking if they had slept or not but on peeping in their room she found Som dada consoling a crying Batuk and worried she headed inside calling his name. They both were surprised to see her but ignoring their faces Bondita went to them and asked, "kya hua Batuk tu ro kyu raha hai??" and still crying Batuk said, "aap mat jao na Boudi.. please" Bondita too felt the tears coming out of her eyes but controlling them she said, "Batuk tumhe pata hai naa Barrister k sath sath tumhare dada ka ek aur sapna bhi hai, is samaj ki soch ko badalna.. aur aaj jab unhe ye mauka mil raha hai to woh piche kaise hat sakte hain?? haan agar mein talak kliye mana kar deti to tumhare dada ruk jate par unka ye sapna toh adhura reh jata naa..toh isliye humne ye faisla humare liye nehi balki is samaj kliye liye hai.." Batuk looked at her boudi and so did Som and their eyes held pride. They knew Bondita was sad too. They were all losing her but she, her everything but still this girl stood strong. And this time Som too said with teary eyes,"pata hai boudi maine kabhi kaha nehi hai apko lekin aap sabse best boudi hai aur aap se achi boudi mujhe kabhi mil hi nehi sakti thi.." and the trio shared a group hug with tears brimming their eyes.