Letting You Go - (TS : Part - 2)

So finally I am back with the last part of the story.. It's not little long but the longest chapter I have ever written!!

Enjoy reading..❤️

Admist the black night, came the faint light of the moon from her window along with the cold winds from the nearby mountains. And Bondita sat alone in her bed with tear strained face, slowly taking in the new surrounding, a new life, a new phase and of course a step close towards her dream. This is what she has wanted and him too. But they didn't wanted it like this, never in their wildest dreams. And with these thoughts fresh tears again trickled down her cheeks and then she got up from the bed and moved towards her luggage and opening her bag she brought a small box out of it.

Nothing much but the box had a little mirror in it, a pair of sankhapola, a sindoor box, a photo frame and yes a letter also. She roamed her fingers on all the things inside it and then she opened the letter, technically it was his first letter to him, the one he had written on her haldi day. He didn't knew her at that time but still wanted to help her, his dream of bringing change. And then she smiled as she was with him in all this. They both fulfilled his dream though a little of it. Many more milestones were there to reach. And then she took the photo of them, in the barrister robe and unknowingly she touched her head in the photo where adorned her, were the sindoor. She wanted to be a barrister, but Barrister Bondita Roy Choudhury not Barrister Bondita. And she cried hugging the photo.

But it is always said man proposes and God disposes. Not every dreams are to be fulfilled.

She gently caressed her patibabu's face and smiling kept the photo on her table and wiping her tears she got up to arrange her things in her new room, that was going to be her room for the next 5 years of her life.

Days passed and so did months and years. Anirudh and Bondita used to write to each other asking about each other's well being and most of the letters were about the studies. Bondita would write to him about her school, her friends, her teachers, her hostel and in return he would tell about his works in the village and some of his intresting cases. But when he would ask if he would go to meet her, Bondita would deny. It was just the letters that connected Bondita and her Barrister Babu.

Bondita had topped in all her exams making Anirudh elated. And then she topped too again in her last exam in Dalhousie and also got a scholarship for further studies in London. This news spread in the Tulsipur village and the Roy Choudhury family felt proud not for their bahu but yes for their daughter. Anirudh was roaming like a happy kid, dancing, even he distributed sweets in the whole village.

But unaware to all the happenings, Bondita was sitting in her room deep in thoughts. Yes she topped and as her guardian school informed him first. But she didn't knew whether to be happy or sad. Happy to have reached close to her dream or sad for leaving her country.

But above that she wanted to see his reaction as past memories flooded her mind how he was dancing with joy when she had pronounced the barnamala for the first time. She smiled with this. But the thought of meeting him after 5 years surely put her heartbeats racing. Because she was sure he would come otherwise who would complete all her formalities.

Bondita had packed all her bags ready to leave Dalhousie to her new destination, London. Principal had informed, her family is coming to take her from hostel to drop her on the seaport and she wondered who was coming.