34. The day after

After we finished breakfast, Chris got ready for the day and I went to my room to change and, most likely, be interrogated by Scarlett.

Just before I grabbed my key, I realised I had less than 4 hours of sleep that night and even though I didn't feel it yet, I would most likely collapse the moment I had some time for myself. As soon as I opened the door, Scarlett pulled my arm and started raining question on me; Where did I sleep? Who was there? Did I drink too much? What happened? Did I even sleep? How was it? I couldn't control my laughter, especially with the last question "No! Scarlett what do you think!" The thought of Chris and I... it's strange how something can change so quickly; before the flight I would have jumped on the possibility and now there was no sexual chemistry at all anymore and I was glad there wasn't!

I decided it was best to let her in on the 'secret'. I needed a female look on this and she'd known him for so long, she might have even dealt with the same feelings, either with Chris or other cast mates, and could definitely help me out a bit. I wanted to ask Chris what he thought about it first though. So I quickly shot him a text and luckily he answered almost immediately that he thought it was a good idea.

"Alright, so you are not allowed to judge me..." As soon as the words left my lips I knew I made a mistake with my choice of words, she barely let me finish, "YOU DID IT!! YOU REALLY DID!!" She jumped on the couch, pulling me with her. "How was it? Was it how you imagined? Is he any good?" her eyes sparkled as we jumped up and down on the couch, her a lot more energetic and invested than me. "Scarlett, no we didn't! He is like my brother!" the sparkle was gone as soon as she landed with her feet on the ground, pulling me next to her sitting on the couch. "But them what can't I judge you on?" I could see she was confused.

"We kissed, in the elevator. Or, he kissed me and I didn't stop him? So I went over to his room to talk about it, and we did. And we watched a movie, had some snacks, talked some more and then it was 3AM and I didn't want to walk back and wake you, so I slept on the couch." I had to put my hand up to keep her from interrupting me every time I saw her opening her mouth. Her eyes went wide when she heard about the kiss, of course, but went back to normal by the time I finished talking.

"So.. how was the kiss?" She asked with doubt in her voice, "are we talking about that?" she added when she saw the hesitation on my face. I knew it couldn't hurt but it felt strange talking about it. "We are", I decided. "Honestly it was... strange? It wat too short to say anything about his skills" I snickered, that definitely made her laugh, "but neither one of us felt anything and we decided to keep it to ourselves for now." I saw the thoughts race through her head, I saw many emotions cross her eyes as well. She let go of my hands before continuing, "you, you realize there are at least two other men here who really like you right?" she started with audible judgement, and I had a hard time making out what emotion she was going with.

"I didn't invite it or anything, you know. I just stepped into an elevator and Chris was confused. Before anything really happened, we realised what was going on and stopped! As soon as the doors opened, he ran to his room and I followed him, wanting to talk about it. So we did." As I was talking I got a bit mad, was she really shaming me for this? "What's with the tone?"

She leaned back a little before she started talking again. I wasn't sure what to think at that point. "I mean, Chris wouldn't just kiss anyone.. are you sure you didn't..." I couldn't let her finish her sentence. "Seriously?! You think I started it? I never thought I"d have to defend myself to you!" I stood up from the couch and went to my bedroom, not understanding what Scarlett was thinking or even meant!