1. Leaving home

Hey guys! This is my first FanFic ever, so please ket me know what you think!! Also if you don't like it, I welcome any advice I can get :) I hope you enjoy reading this story.

/Edit/ I reread the whole story, edited a bit and added some more detail and changes along the way :)

As soon as I got off the train at the airport I regretted leaving. Was I really going to drop my life, jobs, friends, family, everything I knew and counted on for years, just because I wanted to see the world? Sure, it would be an amazing experience, making plenty of new friends and the best memories for when I get back. But it would also be a lonely time.

Sadly, I couldn't find anyone to go with me, being a few years behind most people of my age meant that, when I finally graduated university, most of my friends had steady jobs or even a family of themselves to take care of. I was still sure that I wanted to see the world before any boyfriend, job or even my own family would pin me down and keep me from my first and biggest love, traveling.

As a child, I was lucky enough that my parents loved to travel as well, which meant that I had already seen more than a lot of other people and being more comfortable with the idea of travel. This had also sparked my love for traveling, which led to me working my ass off the last year on different part-time jobs so I could afford to see whatever I wanted to see for quite a while.

Of course, I was super exited and couldn't wait to start the trip in Florence, Italy. I had never been there before but with all the pictures I had seen and stories I'd heard from others, I couldn't wait to see the beautiful city myself.

Walking from the train station to the actual airport, I saw that it started snowing, perfect, this will cause delays and a lot of very grumpy people. I was extra glad I decided to travel first class on my first long flight of the trip, figuring the normal chairs and legroom would break my 6-foot-tall body on an 8 hour flight.

After standing in line for 45 minutes to check my bags, I went to security and I noticed that it looked extremely busy, but most people were not in line, so I got through pretty easy. As I wake my way to the first-class lounges, I hear the crowd behind me screaming and yelling in excitement, making me wonder what well known person is flying today.

Normally I knew it when someone famous visits the city I love but with all the packing and preparation I had done the last few weeks, I wasn't surprised I didn't know who it was. Considering that whoever it could be, I would more than likely see them in the first-class lounge, I didn't bother looking back, searching for an unknown familiar face in the crowd.

When I got to the lounges, I was greeted by a kind looking girl who scanned my boarding-pass and handed me a glass of champagne "Welcome to the first class lounge miss Lenox, if there is anything I can do for you during your stay, please let me know" (no idea if this is how first class lounges work, just how I imagine them) as she lead me to the seating area and explained the different sections and options to me. I wanted to take full advantage of the lounge, so I came a few hours before my flight was supposed to board so I started exploring.

It was quiet and empty in the lounge and when I finished a quick round and got back to the entrance and sat down at the bar there, I heard someone talking to the girl at the door "Yeah, yeah, I know, it's not my first time here" in a stressed and almost anxious voice that sounded vaguely familiar.

The girl tried to give the same short welcome greeting as she gave me but got cut off by the guy before she could even start, giving no change to come further than "Welcome to....."she sounded a little flustered when she finished with "please let me know if there is something I can do for you mister Evans".

That last name, together with the voice made the alarm bells in my head ring, was there any chance I was in the same lounge and in earshot of the one and only mister Chris Evans?? The guy who everyone I knew, including myself, had a huge celebrity crush on? I forced myself not to turn around and run towards him but kept my fangirling to zero while my heart was racing out of my chest.

I hadn't seen many people in the big lounge, so I was more than a little surprised when I heard the chair next to mine being pulled back followed by a 'thunk' and a deep sigh as he sat down on said chair. I turned to him and saw him looking in my direction, the same stress and anxiety I heard earlier showing heavily on his face as he gave me a small smile and introduced himself.

"Hey how are you doing? I'm Chris, I hope you don't mind me sitting next to you, but I need someone to talk o for a bit" it took me a few seconds before I could react. "I.. erhmm.. no of course I don't mind. I'm Ava Lenox, nice to meet you. I'm doing pretty well, first time I'm flying first class so it's kind of overwhelming for me here. How are you? You seem a little nervous?"

It was a miracle I got a complete and normal sentence out, considering how nervous the person next to me made me. He gave me no time to think about it though. "Hi Ava, nice to meet you too, I can imagine, I still remember my first time first class, it changed my look on travel quite a lot." I nodded in agreement before he continued.

"Yeah I'm a little stressed right now, I had to get passed a lot of people who all wanted to see me, take a picture and make me sign stuff for them before I even got through security and I don't do too well in large crowds, it makes me anxious and grumpy to basically everyone that talks to me."

As he finished his sentence, I saw his expression turn into shock and almost disgust, realising how he treated the girl at the entrance of the lounge." Oh my God, I was so rude to the girl at the entrance! I have to apologize; I will be back" And with that he turned his chair around and walked towards the entrance.

"Hey, I'm really sorry about how I reacted when you greeted me, that was absolutely not how I usually act. Is there something I can do to make it up to you?" when I heard him say that, I kind of hoped he would have been rude to me too, I knew some things he could to make up for that.