8. Meeting the cast

Two cabs brought us to the restaurant. They were not just any cabs; two jet black, shiny new Jaguars were waiting for us when we stepped out of the Hotel. Scarlett, Mackie and Sebastian took one and Chris and I shared the second. It was clear that the municipality of Rome was involved in the transport; we drove in places that normally would not allow cars, in the middle of the city, right up to the restaurant where they waited in a row with the others until we were done eating and ready to return to our Hotels.

When we went inside, I was happy to see that Robert Downey Junior was already there, together with Tom Hiddleston, Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo. I loved all of them and luckily, they were probably some of the less intimidating people of the cast. RDJ walked towards us and gave me a big hug, "Ava it's so good to see you again! You look absolutely stunning tonight."

"Thank you, Robert, thank you again for taking me in your jet." He gave me an enormous smile and moved on the other four. Renner and Mark walked toward Chris and the rest before me, because I never met them before, but RDJ took it on himself to introduce me to them "Guys, This beautiful lady here is Ava, we met at the airport of Florence where Chris decided to make her tag along with our press-tour, Ava, these are Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo as I am sure you know." I got a hug from both of them, and a small chat before they returned to the other people together with some new people that had joined.

"Thank you, Robert, it means a lot that you took the time to do that." He looked at me with fatherly love, "Of course Ava, whether you want to or not, you are part of the family now!" He seemed so glad that Chris found someone he wanted to bring to these meetings that I felt bad not to be an actual part of the family. "You know we are not together right?"

I looked at him wondering if he did think we suddenly decided to be a couple. "You don't have to be with Chris t be part of the family Ava, first of all, I'm sure you did steal his heart, or he is either too friendly with you to make a move or, in love with someone else..." I could see his brain work through what he just said "Wait! He ís in love with someone else! Isn't he!" He looked at me eagerly, very pleased he figured that little fact out before anyone else did.

"You can't tell anyone Robert, I'm the only one who knows" I started to feel bad for spilling the beans, but technically I didn't. Robert found out on his own, somehow it being the only explanation to him not being into me. "I'm sure there could be other reasons that we would not be together though?" I asked him, not sure what to expect in response "Oh Ava, you don't know men very well do you, there is a difference in seeing someone and falling in love instantly, that would definitely have happened If Chris wasn't seeing someone else. But the real love that would come after, that a different feeling, honestly, you would fit great with him, even though I'm sure that the person he found is great for him as well, you would understand his way of life, accept it and be thankful to come with, as well as thankful for having the house for yourself if you decide to stay home as well."

He was so right, "How do you see through me so quickly? That would be very true, however, I am glad to be just a good friend he confides in, that I might get to be there when he needs someone to talk to that is not as close to him and to see the bigger picture, I think it would be a bit suffocating to be 'the girl of Chris Evans'"

He looked at me with a smug smile "if you stay here much longer I can think of a few people that would love to make you 'the girl of', and if I can give you an advise, give them a chance to get to know you. First, however, take some time to get used to the 'famous' people" he quoted the word with his fingers, "but when the infatuation is over, when you can distinguish your feelings from fangirling, as you call it, give them a chance, it seems scary at first but all the people I would let you be with," he must have seen the confusion in my eyes, "yes you are my daughter now, whether you want to or not, I will officially adopt you if you want." He gave me wink and quick hug.