6. At the Hotel

A/N; I hope you like the story so far! If you do, give it a vote so I know you like it! :)

The flight was over much quicker than expected. Then again, after an 8-hour flight, I guess everything seems short.

Chris had managed to book me a room in the hotel he was staying at, no matter how I tried to arrange my own room. The suite was beautiful, of course, there was a special room for the bed, an enormous bathroom with a jacuzzi and also a huge seating area with comfortable couches in front of a big TV screen.

I had never stayed in such a big and fancy room before. Robert had a room in a different Hotel and Chris wouldn't tell me who else was staying in our Hotel. Robert had left us at the airport after arranging a limousine to bring us to our Hotel. We decided to have dinner together, to just have room-service bring some of the best food they had and watch some more movies.

I couldn't remember a time I stayed up this long, with a 9-hour time difference between Vancouver and Rome, and on top of that, the nerves of the night before had caused me to stay awake most of the night as well. After we finished the food, during the first movie, I excused myself to put on my pyjamas so I would be more comfortable for the second one.

We had a hard time deciding what to watch next, but finally picked a comedy, hoping that it would keep us awake a little longer. Sadly, I felt my eyes start closing halfway through and I snuggled up in Chris's side, his arm around me as I slowly fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up in a bed without any memory of getting there. I assumed Chris carried me back to my room, not wanting to wake me. However, when I looked at my bag on the ground, it wasn't there, my charger wasn't in the socket and my book wasn't on the shelf. I hadn't turned around yet, so I didn't know if there was anyone else in the bed with me.

Before I could bring up the nerve to turn around to see if someone was lying next to me, Chris walked into the room, just showered with a towel around his waist, drying his hair with a small towel. "Good morning sleeping beauty, how are you? Slept well?" I was still half asleep, "Hi, yeah erm, why am I in your room?" I asked with equal parts of worry and confusion. "Well, I couldn't really carry you to your own room, that would look a bit strange, Captain America carrying an unconscious woman through the Hotel."

That actually made sense, even with my still slightly dreaming brain. "Soo... where did you..." I couldn't finish my sentence before Chris answered "No, no! Don't worry, I took the couch! I wasn't going to randomly sleep in bed with you Ava, I just walked in here because I needed some clean clothes, and breakfast just got served." He seemed almost hurt that I thought he would do that without my permission which made me instantly feel more secure being there alone with him and even more sure of him being an amazing person.

Since I was still in my PJ's from the movie night before, I got out of bed and realized that I didn't have my toothbrush there, but as soon as I wanted to comment on that, I saw two toothbrushes in a glass with the Hotels name on it, that was another problem solved!

When I got to the seating area, there was so much food on the tables, anything you could imagine for breakfast; full English, waffles, pancakes, different types of eggs.... Croissants and other pastries, yoghurt with granolas, cereal, everything.

After about an hour of eating the best breakfast I ever had, we decided to get ready to go out together and see what the beautiful city of Rome had to offer. Since it wasn't supposed to be my first destination, I hadn't done a lot of research yet on what to do and when I was thinking of the places we could go, I realised that I was going to have a very different experience than I had expected before, there would be a lot of fans here for the Con and they would most likely spot anyone famous miles out.

"Hey Chris, where do you want to go? Do you think we will be able to visit anything without many fans gathering around you?" I could see that he hadn't thought if that, even though this was obviously not the first time something like this had happened. "Honestly, normally there is less of a fuss abroad. I guess the American paparazzi, and fans, are very aggressive and a lot pushier than their European counterparts.

"But if it bothers you at any point, we can just grab a cab and go back to the hotel, there is more than enough to do here as well! And like I said yesterday, some of my friends are staying in the same Hotel so we will definitely have great time here. I still don't want to tell you who it is, you'll find out soon enough" He added before I could even ask, and with those last words he gave me another wink.

"I'm not sure why you won't tell me, I met Robert Downey Junior yesterday, I don't think anyone will impress me more!" his cheeky smile made me think that he was up to something but I could not figure out what it was or with who it would be and he made me more and more curious every time.

"Can I just start naming your castmates and if I name one that stays here, you tell me? That way I found out by myself!" I could see his eyes sparkle as he shook his head, "now where is the fun in that? It's a surprise and I'm sure you'll love it." We had talked a bit about his castmates but not much about what I thought of them, how would he know who I'd be dying to meet?

There was a small crowd when we exited the Hotel and after I nudged him in their direction, Chris took off and signed anything he got in his hand, took pictures with everyone and had a small conversation with them all. I had never seen a famous actor like him interact so real with his fans, he seemed the same when I had been around him as he was with everyone else. Of course, I was not much more than just another fan yesterday but now I felt more like a friend.

As I watched him going around the group, I couldn't believe that one day ago, there was no way I could have predicted this, staying in the most beautiful room I had ever seen, hanging out with one of the actors I looked up to the most and him being so friendly and real. I was wondering if he talked to the girl from Vancouver yet, hoping that he got what he needed from their conversation, whatever the conclusion was, he deserved someone as great as him.

When everyone in the group had their moment, he came back to me with a smile on his face. "The people here are so much calmer and so nice! They asked who you were and if we were together! And when I said we met yesterday and instantly became friends, they just left it at that and didn't push at all!" I gave him a genuine smile

"I'm so glad! About the fans but also that you call me your friend. As I saw you there, I was thinking how crazy it is that the actor I was planning on watching during my flight, ended up next to me, watching those movies together and today I can call you a friend!" He gave me a hug "alright friend, where do we go now?"