3. On board

Once on board, Chris kept to his word and immediately took the seat next to mine, causing a bit of a scene with the stewardesses who tried to get everyone in their assigned seats for take-off. As a compromise, he promised them that he would move to his own seat as soon as the plane started driving as long as it was allowed to so switch as soon as the 'seatbelt on' was off.

It seemed to take forever for the plane to taxi from the gate to the take-off point and even longer for the seatbelt light was turned off but as soon as the sign was turned off, Chris kept his word and sat down in the seat next to mine. "I'm sorry for being so clingy but I always get nervous flying. I know it's the safest way of travel but still... More people die of beestings every year than by shark attacks, but you don't see me in the ocean in Australia, just hoping to not run into a shark!"

Obviously, I didn't mind at all, this might just be the best flight of my life! "Don't worry, I'll just have to make sure I don't start fangirling about meeting you, you talking to me like a normal human being and actually wanting to spend more time with me!" I could see the genuine smile fly across his face as I said that.

"You would fangirl over me? Really? You seem so calm and anyone should be lucky to talk to you. Just so you know, as long as people treat me like, how did you put it, a normal human being, I tend to treat them the same way" he said with a wink and his signature smile, sending butterflies through my body.

"So, what do you normally do on a long flight like this?" he asked, as if I flew to Europe on a regular basis.

"Honestly, I've never flown for 8 hours before, and I wasn't counting on such enjoyable company, so my plan of sleeping through most of it is pretty much out of the window by now" I answer him. "And if I would have to watch a movie to pass the time I couldn't sleep; I might have brought my iPad where I might have downloaded all MCU movies on...."

I decided it was safe by now to confess I was more of a fan than I had shown to be, he was here, talking to me and requesting my company so what would be the harm? Obviously, he started smiling when I mentioned the movies he starred in and a mischievous smile appeared on his face. "Oh really, you actually are a fangirl! I can't believe how relaxed you are, you haven't even asked for a picture or anything to sign!" I saw doubt creeping into the broad smile he gave me.

"Oh great, now I sound arrogant again... maybe you only watch the movies despite me being in them, secretly hating me and only loving RDJ or Seb so much you tolerate my appearance on the screen" he started to blush again and his voice trailed down as he started to look at his hands again.

It felt strange how this big and famous guy seemed pretty insecure and even seemed to care about what a random stranger thought of him. "No way, I love your work as an actor! I'm much more of a fangirl than I care to admit, especially to you... I've actually met you a few years ago at ComicCon in Salt Lake City, I even have a picture with you! Wait, I'll show it to you."

I started looking for the picture on my phone as he looked at me, surprised. "You still have the picture on your phone? That must have been 4 years ago, and that phone looks pretty new!"

"Yeah... I might transfer it to any new phone I get... like I said, I really am a fan" I could feel my cheeks get hot as I said that. "Now I sound like some kind of stalker who always keeps the one picture they have on them..."

As I showed him the picture, he started smiling "I think it's cute you keep it close to you. If I'd ever meet an idol of mine, I'd probably also keep the picture with me at all times." Before I could tell him not to scroll, I could see his thumb swiping right, showing more pictures of him and his castmates from photoshoots that I had no desire showing him. Obviously, he started laughing when he saw them "ahhhh you really are a fangirl!" as his hand went up to his left boob.