14. After lunch

Hi guys, It took me way too long to write this, Uni and work was a bit much.. I hope I can write more and can updat again soon! Let me know what you think of the story up to this point! 

After the lunch break, there were some smaller panels and photo and signature ops in different teams throughout the day which gave me time to see the building and all the areas, stands and different, very different people. About half the people were dressed up, there were a lot of marvel characters but also DCEU fans, which pretty much always clashed, and many other fandoms were represented.

I had all the time in the world and pretty much no restriction in the whole building with my VIP/Back Stage pass so I made the most of it; as I finished one round, I decided to try my luck somewhere everyone wants to be but never gets to; maybe I run in to some more stars if I find my way back on the other side of the stage.

I went to get something to drink in the Avengers lounge, still having a hard time to believe I was allowed in there, and I saw Hemsworth and Hiddleston sitting on one of the couches. They greeted me warmly, "Hey Ava, will you join us for some tea? Or.... Coffee of course..." I chuckled at how British Tom actually was. Chris asked me what I wanted to drink as he stood up to get me a drink. "Thanks Chris, I'd love a cup of coffee, that should keep me awake a few more hours." I sat down on another couch, facing Tom.

"Odins sons don't have a panel to do, pictures to take or things to sign? I thought the schedule was pretty much full for all you guys?" I wondered. Tom gave me the answer, shaking his head a little, "Yes, there is a big Civil War signing right now and since we are not part of that cast, we were sent back here. Mark is calling home in one of the other rooms, glad to have some quiet time at the beginning of the press tour."

"Are you enjoying yourself here Ava?" Chris asked me with sincere interest in his voice as he handed me my coffee. "Thanks, it's great, I haven't been to many conventions and it's really different from the American or Canadian ones, that really fun to see! They ask such interesting questions as well, very refreshing" I said with a smile. I saw both faces light up when I mentioned the questions.

I noticed that the actors were cheerier and seemed less nervous with the questions in Rome than they had been in most interviews or panels I had seen in America; there were no questions they couldn't answer, "The people seem to understand what questions you guys can't answer and they are smart enough not to waste everyone's time by asking about any plot points or Civil War or any upcoming movie related questions, that would probably not happen at our side of the pond right?"

Both Chris and Tom had to laugh, genuinely surprised by me noticing these differences. "You really saw so many interviews that you see a difference? I didn't think you actually were a fangirl!" Tom asked me, making Chris laugh even more. Their reaction made me blush, I didnt want to look like the big fangirl I really was...

"Yeah, uhmm, maybe... You all are just so nice, and the movies are so great! I can't help myself..." My voice started to lose volume toward the end of the sentence, Tom and Chris chuckled as my face got redder. Mark saved me from any further humiliation as he entered the room, "Love you too. I'll see you soon." He ended the phone call and looked surprised to see me in the lounge,

"Ava, I didn't think you would be here with these boring men instead of out on the floor!" Thankful for the change of subject, my face got a natural colour again. "Yeah it got a little crowded. Do you want something to drink?" "I'd love to, but I believe it is frowned upon at this time of day... and we're still working..." Mark half joked, Chris added "That does sound good, we should go somewhere tonight! But first, we have to stay sharp for any unwanted questions and answers, especially you, Mark" That last comment made his eyes glitter, showing his entertainment.

As I wanted to get up and get a coffee or glass of water for Mark, he walked to the table himself, letting me know he could get his own drink and to stay seated. "Thanks Ava, I can get it." He sat himself down next to me with a glass of water as Chris betrayed me "Ava revealed how big a fan she really is, she saw most of our interviews and panels, could even say that these European people ask much better questions than they do back home."

After 3 times, I thought it was enough, "come on guys, there are so many people who know your interviews pretty much by heart, you are very popular people, making some of the most successful movies, it can't be a surprise that a girl is a great fan! Should we just not bring this up again? I'd like to have as many people think I'm not obsessed with all of you as I can..."

As if on cue, all 3 of them zipped their lips shut, looking at me with their puppy dog eyes, "We would never Ava, whatever you want to keep secret... However, it most likely will come out, maybe someone asks you a question and say something you don't mean, maybe someone else says something that will expose you as the fan you are...." Chris said with a wink. "Yeah I'm sure you all think it's a joke, but I would like to keep the others think I'm just a chill person."

At that moment, the door opened and most of the cast walked in, I gave one last pleading look at the three actors, hoping they would understand.

Evans' face lit up when he saw me, taking long strides until he was next to me, "How is your newfound fame and VIP pass treating you today? I didn't see you at any of our singings or photo ops...?" He seemed slightly disappointed.

This time it was Robert who came to mu rescue, "Evans, you don't think our Ava is going to stand there, distracting us while the rest of the people want to take a pic with us? There are so many other things to do here that are much more interesting than looking at us, taking photos with other people."

He finished his small speech with his big wink, making me laugh and forget what I had talked about just before everyone walked in. Chris looked a little bit ashamed and disappointed, "I'm just saying, it would have been nice to see you..."

He let his shoulders hang a little, making me think that maybe he had a hard time today and really could have used me to be there for him. I tried to lighten the mood, softly poking him in his ribs and giving him a quick kiss on his cheek. His eyes started to shine again, and he seemed to believe it had nothing to do with him that I hadn't come to see them somewhere.

The group was finished for the day and after some chatting, snacks and some drinks, everyone left the building to make their way to the gorgeous Jags that brought us back to our Hotels. Considering the first working day had been tiring for all cast members, we were all going to eat at our own Hotels and possibly meet up after for some drinks.

The girls wanted to have a quiet dinner together. They invited me to join them and I gladly took them up on their offer; after all the time I spend with Chris, Robert and the guys, I could use a lady's night. We had some great bottles of wine and amazing food. It was so strange to hear about Scarlett's childhood in the spotlight, Lizzies childhood around the spotlight with her twin sisters, and how different she experienced the red carpet now she was on them as a star instead of as 'the other Olsen sister'.

They were honestly interested in my ordinary youth and how I experienced this new, strange world that I landed in by accident. I got advice on how to handle rumours that would probably get out with all the time I was spending with the cast and especially Chris, basically telling me I should ignore most of it, try to not spend much more time with one of than with the rest, so the press would have a hard time figuring out who I 'belonged' to.

Hearing all that made me respect the lives of actors all around the world, having to think about everything you do to get the press to not make up stories about you, it all sounded so crazy, as an outsider, you think you know what it would be like to live the glamourous life, probably being jealous of them for 'having it all'.

But after hearing some of their stories and not even being sure they shared the worst ones with me, I started be feel more and more thankful for only meeting these people now; I might get sucked into the whole Hollywood scene a tiny bit by all these people now, but I had a chance of a great, normal childhood. It seemed like the perfect combination to me; being able to join famous actors on a press tour while I was not in the spotlight myself and I could still do anything I wanted to.