24. An unexpected gift

A/N Wow!! I reached 50.000 words! I cannot believe I already wrote so much! This is a shorter chapter, becuase I wanted to reach exactly 50.000 words, but the rest will be up soon as well! Let me know what you think, what you like, what you don't like. I love seeing people are invested in the story <3

/Edit/ After editing and rewriting the chapters, I am well over 50.000 words by now, but it's the thought that counts I guess.

The fleet of limo's had attracted quite a bit of attention, and when we got to the restaurant, there was a small crowd gathered of fans and photographers. Robert turned to me, "You don't have to, but I would be honoured if I could lead you into the building, my dear."

I liked to think it was just because he liked me so much, but a little voice in my head brought up the article, which meant that is was a bad idea to walk into the Hotel, which was where the restaurant was located, with one of the single, or presumed single, actors of the MCU. The very happily married, older actor was a much safer bet.

He must have seen the doubt in my eyes, adding "That way, I am assured to have you sit close to me tonight." with a wink. His comment made me feel better, even if the reason I was thinking about probably had something to do with the choice as well. "In that case, I would be honoured Robert, thank you." And with that, the door opened. Robert got out first, holding out his hand for me to follow him like the gentleman he is, Chris and Scarlett followed with Sebastian and Lizzy getting out after them.

As soon as we got out of the car, there were flashes, cameras shutting, yelling, screaming, questions were shouted at the actors, and they all made their way towards the people without the professional cameras, counting on them being the real fans. Robert never let go of my arm while taking pictures and signing anything that was handed to him, along with the other actors that were exiting the other limo's as well.

I noticed that everyone had a marker in their pocket or handbag; talking about being prepared! After only a few minutes, someone from the restaurant came outside and urged us all inside, which was accompanied with apologies, waves and blow kisses from the group of actors as we were led to the elevators.

The place was amazing; there was a slight Japanese touch, everything screamed calm, light, relax and comfort. We were guided to the 24th floor, which was explained to us to be one floor above the restaurant which was booked full for the night, so they had arranged a private room for the group where no one would disturb us.

The room had an incredible view over the city, with the sunset perfectly in the middle of the window that formed the whole wall on the outside. The table was set perfectly for the amount of people attending, which made me think that it could probably be set to any width and length, to make sure it would indeed accommodate the exact number of guests at all times. The tall chairs were perfectly colour coordinated with the rest of the room, looking soft and very comfortable.

I stepped towards the glass wall, looking out over the city. There was a canal next to the building, so many lights wherever the eye could see, which started to light up the city as the sun began to set. I let out a deep sigh just before I noticed Sebastian stood next to me, wrapping his arm around my waist. "Pretty incredible, right."

I smiled at him, nodding in agreement, not wanting to break the feeling I had from looking out of that window by speaking. I stood there for a few minutes, first with Sebastian, but at one point he softly squeezed my shoulder, and walked back towards the table.

The next person who came up to me, without much surprise, was Tom. As he walked in my direction, he asked for my attention, not wanting to scare me again, "You look gorgeous tonight, darlin'. That dress looks fantastic on you." I turned a little to face him, looking up into his eyes. "You clean up quite alright yourself!" He was wearing a beautifully fitted three-piece suit, in a dark grey, with a light blue dress shirt and dark blue tie.