32. Talks and 'bitterballen'

A/N; I'm not sure what I think of this chapter, I kind of feel like I wrote myself in a corner here, but I'm sure there will be a surge of inspiration soon! Please let me know what you think!

I wasn't sure about what to do while I tried to not listen to what was happening in the room on the other side of the door that just shut closed. I didn't want to hear anything I shouldn't, but was also very curious what he would say.

As it turned out, it didn't take long before he walked out again, phone in hand and a blank expression on his face. "She didn't pick up. Went to voicemail, but not quick enough for the phone to be off, and not long enough for automatic voicemail. She cancelled my call, five times."

Luckily, before I could say anything, his phone rang, and he jumped back into the room, softly closing it behind him. The only thing I heard him say was "Hi Mish, I'm so glad you called me back, I'm not sure...." And then the door closed.

I sat on the couch, not wanting to make too much sound, but also not listening to the conversation, I noticed the time on my phone, it was now 10PM, which meant that I had been in the room for around 3 to 4 hours, I couldn't even remember properly.

I went to grab my earphones from my purse, and scrolled through YouTube, that is always a great way to make time go quickly. Not so much if you're waiting for an unknown amount of time though; I was constantly distracted, checking how much longer the video was, checking the time to see how long Chris had been in there already.

He seemed to take forever and sadly the videos couldn't distract me very well which made the time go even slower than when I would normally have to wait for something. In reality it was only slightly under half an hour, and many many half-watched videos, later when he walked out. His face not giving anything away until he sat back down next to me, letting out an incredible loud sigh. He visibly relaxed as he started to talk.

"She said she understands, I started to tell her about the kiss, and she hardly seemed surprised, which was very surprising to me, but she told me she was in almost the same situation; in an elevator and everything. She hadn't gone through with it, but she was functioning on more sleep, and less alcohol, than me, so she actually understood it very well somehow." Her confession made me very happy he told her. To have this off his chest and not get much backlash was something he really needed.

"She even said she was so glad that I told her, because it also proved to her that I will never lie or keep things from her. She told me that she'd had some time to think about everything, and she might have overreacted and was glad every time I had called her or sent her a text, even if she hadn't shown me that, or showed me she was still alive..."

I pulled him in a hug before asking the most important question, "So, what was the verdict?" making him smile about my word use. "She wants to keep trying. And she would actually love to meet you, took me up on the offer to fly her out to the London premiere. I don't really want to wait that long though. Might just offer a weekend in London next week, we have a day and a half off, and I just can't wait to see her anymore."

I completely understood but was also afraid he might pull her in too much, too soon; being flown out to London for a weekend was one thing, but being flown out twice in two months seemed a little over the top.