Chapter Fifteen

Mamrie's going through her emails, checking mundane stuff and deleting a majority of what's in her inbox when she sees a new notification. "MyHarto new upload: MY DRUNK KITCHEN: Sundae Funday (w/ Grace Smellbig)" Mamrie clicks, curious as to how much intimacy they've put on camera. She knows Grace wanted to keep things slightly private.

Mamrie watches, noting the jump cuts and where they're placed. It's always after they've gotten close to each other, they're hands brushing or they're heads resting on one another. Mamrie chuckles a little, realizing how hard it must've been for them to keep their hands off each other. They've sort of made the dish when Hannah dots some chocolate sauce on Grace's nose.

"Haha, I got you!" Hannah says, smirking.

"Hey!" Grace exclaims. She takes the syrup and wipes some down Hannah's cheek. Even when they're teasing each other this way, Grace's touch is as gentle as ever. She touches Hannah with care, always.

Hannah squirts some of the whipped cream at Grace and it lands right on her shirt. "Oh it's on!" Hannah yells. Grace laughs and picks up the chocolate sauce. She grabs Hannah around the waist, pulling her closer. They're faces inches apart, and Mamrie is gripping the sides of her chair thinking their going to kiss on camera. Grace instead pour a streak of syrup down Hannah's cheek.

"Ew, this is sticky." Hannah mumbles.

"I'll get it off for you babe." Grace whispers, kissing Hannah's cheek. Mamrie's eyes widen, wondering if Grace knows this went online. Mamrie dials Grace's number, hoping she'll pick up quickly.

"Mametown, I thought you were working? Is something wrong?" Grace says when she picks up.

"Um, well-" Mamrie starts. "Have you seen Hannah's new drunk kitchen?"

"No," Grace says tentatively. "What happened?"

"There's a part where you, where you call her babe and kiss her cheek and I didn't know if you wanted that in or if it went in by accident." Mamrie explains.

"Wait she kept that in!?" Grace exclaims. The line suddenly goes dead on Mamrie's side. Hannah isn't home so Grace just rushes to her laptop, pulling up the video and going to straight to the comments.

"Holy shit you guys hartbig is so real"

"Wait, did Grace 'I don't like touching people' Helbig just kiss Hannah's cheek and call her babe?"

"Fuck, this ship has got me catching feelings"

Grace pushes her laptop away from her, resting her head in her hands. She can't figure out a way to fix this, everybody has already seen it. Everybody can guess she and Hannah are together now. And that's not how she wanted things to be.