Chapter Twenty Six

Of course Grace had invited Michelle to her wedding. I mean how could she not, they were still best friends after all this time. Michelle came a few days early, so she could catch up with Grace and see Hannah and Mamrie a little bit. Michelle arrives and comes to Grace's hospital room just as a nurse is extracting the tube that was administering the liquid chemo.

"Hey, Michelle, I'm really sorry-" Grace starts with an embrassed look on her face.

"No Grace, don't apologise. It's nice to see you." Michele replies. The nurse gives Michelle and smile and leaves the room. Michelle goes to sit across from Grace but Grace stands up to hug her.

"Come on, give me a hug." Grace insists. Michelle looks surprised, but she hugs Grace gingerly.

"Grace Helbig, did you just voluntarily hug me?" Michelle jokes as the pair sits back down. Grace chuckles a little. "Are you excited to be getting married?" Michelle asks.

"Of course. Hannah is," Grace begins, looking for the right words to describe the love of her life. "the cheesiest and most adorable dork I could ever have hoped to fall in love with."

"God when did you get so sentimental?" Michelle teases, smiling at the happiness clearly displayed on her best friend's face. Grace laughs at her comment.

"Remember that wedding in Florida ages ago? We thought all your family had assumed we were, what did we call it? Lesbian lifetime partners?" Grace remarks, laughing still at the memory.

"Oh my god, I remember that!" Michelle giggles along. "And you said you wanted a stand by boyfriend to kiss and be like 'yeah I'm straight.'"

"God, 23 year old me, stop bullshitting yourself." Grace jokes. Michelle really lets out a laugh at that comment and the two dissolve into a pair of giggling girls, just like they're back in college.

"On a kind of serious note, what made you realise you weren't straight?" Michelle asks when they've stopped laughing.

"Honestly? It was Hannah. I know that is probably the cheesiest goddamm thing I could say but it's the truth." Grace replies.

"You're right, it is cheesy, but it's really sweet too." Michelle remarks. "Do you know the frenzy tumblr was in when you two made out at NoFilter? Oh my god, your tumblr tag was filled with videos and edits and gifs of it. Everybody was flipping the fuck out."

"It's funny that I didn't think of that before I kissed her. I just thought she wouldn't feel anything and then it would just be another fanfiction moment." Grace says.

"You two are good for each other. You make each other very happy." Michelle observes. "Despite the situation, I've never seen you smile this much."

"She kind of makes it hard to stop smiling." Grace admits, biting her lip as her cheeks flush deep scarlet.

"Who makes it hard to stop smiling?" Hannah's voice calls as she's entering Grace's room.

"You, you cute little shit." Grace tells her girlfriend. "Come here." Grace half jokingly pats her lap. Hannah sits on Grace's lap, giggling as she presses a kiss to Grace's cheek.

"I'm going to break you." Hannah says.

"You are not!" Grace insists. "You're light as a feather." Michelle watches the pair, seeing the jubilance in both of their eyes. Despite everything that's happening, they're happy. Hannah and Grace have made something so shitty seem not as bad, just by being with each other.

Grace's arms go around Hannah's waist, pulling her closer before kissing her on the lips. Hannah presses gently, not wanting to be harsh on Grace's seemingly frail body. Hannah's hands instinctively look for Grace's hair to tangle themselves in but all she finds is the fabric of one of her own beanies.

"I love you, Grace Hart." Hannah whispers, laughing a little at her own joke.

"I love you too, Hannah Helbig." Grace teases back.