Chapter Nine

Grace and Hannah's seats are near the back. Hannah let's Grace take the window seat, knowing she'll be less anxious if she has somewhere to look. As the plane is taking off, Grace grabs Hannah's hand, grasping it tightly. Hannah squeezes back gently, reassuring her it's okay.

"We are in a tiny, metal coffin." Grace mutters under her breath. Hannah raises her eyebrows at that, even though Grace's eyes are closed so tightly she can't see it.

"Don't think of it like that!" Hannah insists. "Think of it like-like we're driving but on clouds." Grace opens her eyes, laughing a little at Hannah's idea.

"I guess that is a little more comforting, to think of it that way." Grace admits. Hannah notices that Grace is still holding her hand, more gently now.

"Let's be small children and play a game." Hannah whispers in Grace's ear. Grace giggles, feeling less and less anxious each second Hannah is holding her hand.

They end up opening the window and playing I Spy, teasing each and laughing at everything.

"I Spy," Hannah starts, looking for something. "A dick shaped cloud." Hannah knows Grace would find this hilarious, but she doesn't get a response. Then Hannah feels something warm on her shoulder. "Awh."

Grace is asleep, resting her head lightly on Hannah's shoulder. Hannah leaves Grace like that, careful not to shift too much under her, until the plane is descending.

"Grace." Hannah says, attempting to shake her awake. "We have to buckle our seat belts, the plane is landing." Grace's eyes flutter open, and she looks up to Hannah.

"Sorry I slept on you." Grace apologizes. Hannah surely didn't mind.

"It's cool, dude." Hannah replies. They leave the plane, get their bags, and take a taxi to the hotel. Mamrie meets them in the lobby, hugging them each in turn.

"Any progress?" Mamrie whispers while she hugs Grace. Grace just shakes her head. "I've never shipped Hartbig harder," Mamrie says with a laugh.