Chapter Seven

Hannah is finishing packing the morning of the flight to New York for their first show of the tour when she receives a text from Grace.

Grace: we ended up on the same flight, right? do you want a ride to the airport?

Hannah: I'd love a ride :) thanks

Grace: no problem, anything for a friend.

Hannah's heart sinks a little, reading the word friend. God how she wishes Grace could be hers, and she could Grace's. She wants to discover everything there is to know about Grace's body. She wants to know what her lips taste like, that little kiss at the Streamys not near enough.

An hour later, Grace pulls up to Hannah's house. Hannah comes bounding out of the house, as excited as a kid on the first day of kindergarten. That's one of Grace's favorite things about Hannah, how excitable she is.

"Hello!" Hannah says cheerily, climbing into Grace's car.

"Hey." Grace replies, giving a weak and tired smile.

"You okay dude?" Hannah asks, trying to find the reason Grace is upset in her beautiful brown eyes. Grace attempts to put on a happy facade.

"I'm fine!" Grace answers, her voice tight and strained. Hannah reaches out and takes her hand, not thinking about it in the instant. Grace's eyes fill with sadness, but she doesn't let go of Hannah's hand.

"What's wrong, Grace?" Hannah questions, her voice almost begging. "You can tell me anything, you know." Hannah would do anything to take Grace's pain away.

"Nothing, I'm just a little tired." Grace mutters, retracting her hand from Hannah's grasp and pulling out of Hannah's driveway. Hannah drops it for now, but she's determined to find out what's upsetting Grace.