Chapter Twenty Seven

There isn't much decoration in the hospital church, even for their wedding. It's just a few candles and a string of fairy lights across the walls. Hannah waits at the end of the aisle, wearing a crisp white button up, black trousers, and a navy blue bow tie. She chose navy blue because it had always been Grace's favourite colour. Tyler is Hannah's best man, giving her occasional grins.

The wedding procession starts in, Erin as the flower girl in a flouncy pink dress and little basket of rose petals. She walks slowly and shyly down the aisle, blushing when a guest gives her a smile. Mamrie follows, with Sarah's arm linked through hers. Grace comes behind them, taking a deep breath before beginning the walk to Hannah.

Hannah's breath taken by the sight of her bride. Grace has a short, cream coloured summer dress and she's barefoot. One hand is holding the metal pole of her IV cart and the other clutching a small bouquet of roses. The roses are a warm magenta pink and an orange-red only described as the same colour as a sunset. She's wearing a white beanie over her head, and Hannah can't help but notice how since she shaved her head she hadn't seen Grace without a hat on.

Hannah takes Grace's hand when they meet each other at the end of the aisle. Grace thinks back to the times before Hannah was hers. The night they were caught cuddling by Mamrie, after getting wasted and filming "Stay Tubed." The time at Mamrie's when Grace first gave Hannah the SNACKS hoodie. The fanfiction planning. The MDK where Hannah wore her hoodie. Their first kiss, so public yet so perfect.

"You look beautiful, Gracie." Hannah murmurs. To Hannah, beautiful doesn't even begin to describe the girl in front of her. Perfect isn't even a good enough word. There's no word in any language Hannah can think of good enough to define the love of her life.

"Thank you." Grace says. "You look quite beautiful yourself." Hannah blushes. The only thing that either of them had wanted at the wedding was to do their own vows.

"Grace Anne Helbig," Hannah starts, placing a gentle hand on her cheek to wipe away a stray tear. "I've been madly in love with you since the day we met. You had such a bright personality, such a wonderful laugh. It drew me in immediatley. And now I'm lucky enough to live under the same roof as that personality and have you laugh at my stupid puns. I promise that I will do my best to be everything you need and everything you want. I'll be by your side through anything and everything. I promise to love you my whole life long." Grace wipes away tears that are now falling steadily and smiles widely.

"Hannah Maud Hart," Grace begins, the same way Hannah had. "I don't know how I managed to find someone as perfect as you who loves me. I was never really into the idea of marriage and sanctity, but I never thought I'd find someone I wanted to be this committed to. You make everyday worth living. I promise you I'll always be the one to make you smile when you're down. I promise to be there when you need me, always. I promise to love you forever."

Hannah reaches up to wipe away a few tears of her own. Grace kisses her on the lips softly, her arms sliding around Hannah's waist. Hannah kisses back, letting everything melt away.

~

The reception is probably one of the best times Grace or Hannah has ever had. They drink champagne and and dance like idiots and hold hands all night. Mamrie hugs them both repeatedly and cries multiple times.

"My two girls got married!" She gushes, hugging Hannah tightly and then Grace. "I cannot believe how long it took you two to put a ring on it. I mean it's not like you were giving each other heart eyes for years or anything."

"Mames." Grace says, blushing deep red as Hannah audibly says "aww" and kisses her wife's cheek.

"Can I put a picture of you guys on social media?" Mamrie asks. "Everybody is, well they're worried about you guys to say the least." Grace looks to Hannah and Hannah nods.

"If you're okay with it Grace, I am too." Hannah replies. Grace nods and slides her arm around the small of Hannah's back. Hannah wraps her arms around Grace's waist and kisses her cheek. Grace smiles, her cheeks a rosy pink from blushing so much.

"@mametown: what a beautiful wedding, with two goddamn beautiful brides 💛 @myharto @gracehelbig"

~

Later that night, after Hannah had gone to sleep, Grace checks her social media for the first time in a good two months. She looks at the Instagram post Mamrie tagged them both in and scrolls to the comments.

"oh my god I'm so glad Mamrie posted this I was worrying about Grace"

"aw look how happy they are that's the cutest thing"

"iedhbiefhbifehb #hartbigrefusestosink"

Grace smiles, glad to have the wedding taken well by fans. It's nice to feel like she's back in the loop of the world. She looks through the photos she's been tagged in, reading a lot of the well wishes people were sending. She likes a lot of them and comments on even more. Then she decides to post something herself. Grace takes a picture of Hannah's sleeping form, noting the cute little smile she has even asleep.

"@gracehelbig: @myharto is very cute when she's asleep 😚"