Stars (Mondo x suicidal reader)

(This was requested by NotEllaGoAway. DISCLAIMER: this one shot mentions depression, suicidal thoughts, and an attempt! Please read at your own digression.

I apologize that it took me a while to update. Long story short, I had an idea for a one shot, but couldn't find a good way to present it the way that I wanted to. I may try to write it again in the future though.)

Y/N's POV

Grey. That's the only word I could describe the world around me. Everything looked and felt the same to me.

The same towering school building, the same students, the same bland classrooms filled with endless chatter, and the same hollow feeling inside of my chest.

I wasn't sure what brought along this feeling within me, but it definitely wasn't going away anytime soon. It was a moth slowly eating away at my insides, waiting for me to fall apart at the seams.

My body was on autopilot as I dragged myself to the upper-most area of the school: the roof. It was where I hid from the other students.

Lately, I haven't been going to the classroom. It was getting harder and harder to fake my happiness around others, and I decided that it was best that I didn't go to class at all.

No one came up to the roof either, so it was the ideal spot to hide. There was an upperclassman who used to hang out on the roof, but for whatever reason, she stopped.

Once I got to the very top, I looked up at the sky. The sun was had just started to peek its head up over the horizon, causing the sky to change into an orange-yellow hue.

The air felt a decent amount lighter than it did when I was on ground level, and it was somewhat refreshing to me. I took a seat on the ground in my usual spot as I curled my body up.

"Today's the same as any other day; I wake up early, come up here for the entire day, don't leave until it's late, get a few hours of sleep, and repeat."

My body shivered a little bit from the cold, but I just let the wind nip at my body. I wanted to feel something. Anything other than my internal pain.

"Is there something wrong with me? There has to be if I feel like this. I don't smile, or frown, or make any expression for that matter.

Why am I here then? Was I just born to suffer? To become an emotionless plaything so that the world had something to laugh at?

For the world to say "Hey, look at that pathetic human. She doesn't deserve to be here.

She's a waste of space.

An abomination.

A mistake."

These thoughts were also a part of my everyday life. They never ceased, and constantly tormented me day in and day out.

After a little while, I could hear the very faint sound of people talking. I crawled over to the edge of the roof, and carefully peered down.

There were students walking towards the school, and I noticed one in particular. He was quite tall, and his hair was instantly recognizable.

"I bet you're living your life just fine without me. I'm just an broken, withering toy that was placed into a box of shiny new toys. I was created to be forgotten. By you, and by everyone else in this school.

Today...is finally the day. I can't handle this anymore. I'm sick and tired of fighting."

I crawled back to the other side of the roof, and looked down. There wasn't a single soul around.

As I stared down at the ground, the sight of the ground was sucking me in like a black hole. It seemed like an endless fall from where I was.

I shakily stood up, and took a few deep breaths, taking in the last oxygen I would ever breathe.

3rd POV

Mondo let out a heavy sigh. He had been extremely worried about his friend Y/N. She hadn't come to school in the past two weeks or so.

He had tried going to her dorm room multiple times a day, but he never got an answer from her. He never saw her around the school either.

As he looked up at the sky, he swore he saw something on the roof of the school. It was very far away, but he thought he could make out the outline of someone.

He rubbed his eyes, and the supposed figure was gone. Mondo's gut told him that he should go on the roof.

So he quickened his pace, but his quickened pace turned into running. He pushed his way through the students, who were giving him confused looks as he raced up the stairs.

His feet heavily pounded against the stairs as he finally made it to the top of the school.

When he opened the door that lead to the school rooftop, the sight before him was enough to stop him dead in his tracks.

A girl with H/C hair was standing on the very edge of the roof, and she was looking towards the ground. Her hair and uniform were softly dancing in the breeze as she stood there.

Mondo quickly regained himself, and ran over to Y/N. He forcefully grabbed her my the arm, and pulled her away from the edge. She didn't even put up a fight.

He turned her around so she was facing him, and what he saw shocked him: her face was devoid of any emotions whatsoever. Her eyes were dull and empty.

Y/N suddenly lost her balance, and started to collapse. Mondo quickly caught her, and carried her to a wall so they could sit down.

The biker held her close to his chest, fearing that she would somehow dissapear if he even let go for a second. Y/N was barely moving, as if she were some kind of robot.

There were bags under her closed eyes, showing that she hadn't been getting sleep lately.

-time skip-

It was night time now, and Y/N still hadn't woken up. Mondo had decided long ago that he wasn't going to leave her side until she woke up.

"Dammit! I should've been there for you when you needed me." Mondo gritted his teeth.

He felt like a bad friend since he couldn't sense that there was something wrong with Y/N. She seemed normal before she stopped going to class.

Y/N suddenly stirred, and Mondo looked down at her. Her eyes fluttered open, and she looked around, seemingly confused.

"W-Where...am-?" Her eyes shot open in realization. She had nearly killed herself.

"It's alright. I'm here." Mondo said in a calm voice. She turned to him, and clung to him.

"M-Mondo! I-I.....I-I-!"

"You don't need to explain yourself. It ain't your fault." Y/N's body was trembling, and the biker was doing his best to calm her down.

He rubbed her back in a soothing motion, and she slowly started to calm down. After a while, she rested her head against his chest.

"H-Hey...look at the stars." She whispered in a soft voice. Mondo looked up at the speckled sky above them.

Countless shining stars surrounded them, it was like they were in a planetarium. Mondo chuckled.

"Looks pretty damn cool." He said as he hugged her tighter.

"Mondo...I'm sorry for worrying you, and everyone. I-I'm still not sure why I felt like that."

"I already told ya, it ain't your fault. But if you ever feel like that again, come to me."

"Deal."