Red String (Chihiro x reader)

(This was requested by PensAndPotatos. I decided to make it a soulmate AU. I've never really written one of these before, so I decided to try one out. This is the AU with the red string connecting soulmates.)

Y/N's POV

"I hate the color red..."

I stared at the thin red string that was tied around my pinky finger. It had been there for as long as I can remember. Everyone had one, but it appeared that I was the only one who could see everyone else's.

This is the string that connected us to our soulmate. It was a phenomenon that no one could explain, and somehow became accepted as a normal occurrence. No one seemed to question it. All they could do was hope for the day that their and their soul mate's strings connect, and the strings dissapear forever.

I looked up at the enormous school in front of me, and let out a loud sigh. Today was my first day at Hope's Peak Academy. The school had reached out to me recently, and asked if I wanted to attend school there. So I agreed without much hesitation. However, I didn't really know the reason why.

"I still can't believe they asked me to be a student. Especially with my Ulimate. It's a pretty useless talent in the first place..."

I walked into the large building, and noticed that the halls were sprinkled with students. Most of which had red strings on their pinky fingers. There were a few that didn't have one, and I frowned.

"I still find it ironic that I can see everyone's strings, but I can't find my soulmate."

"Hello there! Are you perhaps Miss Y/N L/N?" A loud voice caused me to flinch. A guy in a white uniform was standing there with a very serious expression on his face.

"I am." I responded curtly. I glanced at his hand to see that he still had a string.

"My name is Kiyotaka Ishimaru, but please call me Taka! It is a pleasure to meet you!" He bowed deeply as he introduced himself.

"Same, I guess." Taka seemed a little confused by my words, but he seemed to shrug off my standoffish demeanor almost immediately.

"I was tasked with showing you to our classroom. You may explore the school after classes if you wish. And please be sure to ask for directions if you ever get lost." He explained as he started walking away from me. I silently followed behind him. It didn't take long for us to enter a classroom filled with students.

"Everyone, I would like your attention! We have a new classmate starting today!" Taka said in a dignified tone. Everyone stopped talking to each other, and looked in our direction.

He gestured for me to introduce myself. I took a deep breath before taking a couple of steps forward. I could see everyone looking at me curiously.

"I'm Y/N L/N." Everyone seemed a little confused by the short answer I gave them.

"Um, do you mind stating your talent as well?" Taka asked. I glanced to the side, and responded.

"Ultimate Matchmaker." As soon as I said that, a girl with glasses stood up, and pointed at me accusingly.

"W-What kind of talent is that?! I b-bet you're just s-some fake!"

"Actually Toko, she's pretty famous for never getting a match wrong. She's helped hundreds of couples find their soulmates." A girl with blue hair spoke up. I recognized her to be Sayaka Maizono. I was honestly surprised that she knew my name.