004. EYE AS IN INQUIRY

╔═══════════════╗

EYE AS IN INQUIRY ☂︎︎

╚═══════════════╝

THE GLASS OFFICE was small and now filled accordingly with the manager, Klaus and Five along with Charlotte who stared at the man in curiosity. She still had no clue what she was here for or why an eye would have anything to do with the world ending (if it was truly coming to an end like he said it would). But Five seemed set on his way. It was apparent in the sense that he had dragged his brother all the way across town for it.

"Like I said to your son earlier, any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I simply can't help you."

The poor man. He was being quite reasonable and she was afraid of what was to come to him by the slowly enraging look coming across Five's face. "Well, we can't get consent if you don't give us a name."

The man shrugged. "Well, that's not my problem." he sighed. "Sorry. Now, there's really nothing more I can do, so-"

"And what about my consent?" Klaus cut in.

Oh lord, was the first few words to cross through her mind.

"Excuse me?"

"Who gave you permission..." Klaus was beginning to cry now and Charlotte looked over at him in confusion. "to lay your hands... on my son?'

There was a silence. "What?"

"You heard me." Klaus began.

Charlotte was beginning to see where he was going and something told her that if anyone could scam, bullshit, or in some other deranged way get what they want it would be Klaus Hargreeves. "Oh, really? Well, then how did he get that swollen lip, then?"

The man looked at him like he was crazy. "He doesn't have a swollen-"

There was a loud thud as Klaus's fist collided with Five's face. Charlotte backed away, gazing at his lip in concern, an idea sparking to her head. It would be tricky, if she dared mention the possibility and if he accepted her help. She'd have to ask later.

Klaus inhaled sharply. "I want it. Name, please. Now."

The man swallowed. "You're crazy."

Klaus only chuckled, likely proving his point. "You got no idea." he looked down, picking up the snowglobe with a grin. "Peace on Earth. That's so sweet." Charlotte yelped as the glass collided into his face. Her surprise only scared the man even more, the pencil that once lay on his desk now a large feather quill which he looked at in shock. "I'm sorry!" she replied, quickly switching it back, causing him to stumble away.

Klaus groaned, doubling over in pain. "God, that hurt."

The man reached for his phone, eyes frantic to call security but Klaus reached there first. "There's been an assault in Mr. Big's office, and we need security, now. Schnell!"

The whole situation, now blown out of proportion, was slowly steaming down although blood now stained both Five and Klaus's faces. Klaus leaned over, glaring at the man. "Now, here's what's gonna happen, Grant."

"It's Lance." he stuttered.

"In about sixty seconds, two security guards are gonna burst through that door, and they're gonna see a whole lot of blood, and they're gonna wonder 'what the hell happened?' and we're gonna tell them that you beat the shit out of us minus Miss Antoinette because in your noble psychotic ways you refuse to lay your hands on a woman."