018. CHEERS TO OLD COUPLES

╔═══════════════╗

CHEERS TO OLD COUPLES☂︎︎

╚═══════════════╝

ELLIOT was by far one of the most interesting people she'd met in neither a good or bad way.

He was the definition of a strange and deranged conspiracy theorist which didn't leave her with any sense of surprise. Of course Five had befriended a conspiracy theorist and of course she would have to stay at this man's apartment. As she watched Elliot wave shyly from the corner, Charlotte gave Five a cold glare. He sighed. "He's harmless."

She yanked the handle of his suitcase from him in annoyance. He rolled his eyes, calling after her as she approached Elliot. "You could take him!"

Charlotte stood in front of the scrawny man, examining the many intricate newspaper clippings and pictures on the wall. Elliot slowly backed away from her with a grimace. "Don't kill me, alien queen."

Her gaze fell to Five in ridiculousness. He shrugged as she grumbled, the grip on her suitcase tightening. "I'm a teacher."

Elliot nodded nervously. Five grinned at him. "Will the spare room work for her Elliot?"

"Of course." he squeaked, quite obviously afraid of Five despite having a couple inches over him. "Right down there."

The wheels of her suitcase rolled and the room was quaint with heavy sheets and a nightstand. Outside the window, the sky dully swam with stars. The room was silent as they searched for words to say to fill it. "I've got to get Luther."

She glared at him. "You're leaving me here?" eyes wandering out the door. "With Elliot?"

He rolled his eyes. "Charlotte, you could knock Elliot over before he could even form a coherent thought."

Charlotte sighed, sinking into the bed. "I appreciate the compliment but I'm still a bit mad at you."

"You're always mad at me." he said, the corner of his lips rising.

"You make it pretty easy." she retorted gently, watching him fiddle with his fingers by his side.

Five chuckled with a shake of his head. "Goodnight, Charlotte."

"Goodnight, Five."

The boy disappeared in a flash of blue light leaving her with a lingering loneliness as she unzipped her suitcase.

---

She woke up to a muffled voice and the sound of shuffling in the room. Groggily, she opened her eyes, Five a dark blur as he placed a cup of water for her on the side table. "Get up."

Charlotte groaned, burying herself further under the covers. "What time is it?"

"Six in the morning." he responded as though unfazed by the early hours.

"Are you serious?" she murmured, cringing as he opened the curtain to reveal the dim rays of sunlight that reached through the window.

"Yes, I'm serious." he rolled his eyes. He handed her the cup of water, forcing her to take a few sips with his steady stare. "Elliot made breakfast. I made you a decaf. It's time to get to work."

She grumbled, clutching the sheet to her chest, waiting for him to leave. "Do you ever sleep?"

"No. That's what coffee's for." and with that he blinked out of the room.

Reluctantly, she took a quick shower and dressed, making the bed before exiting the room. The smell of fresh coffee and eggs hit her nose and she grinned, taking the single mug that was set aside from the rest remembering Five had mentioned making her a decaf. He paced the room, his own mug of coffee getting set down on a counter as he walked over to Elliot who, like the previous night, was hovered over his odd clutter. She gazed around the room, noticing the lack of... well Luther and she assumed the meeting hadn't gone well.