019. GIRLS NIGHT (OH AND ELLIOT)

╔═══════════════╗

GIRLS NIGHT (OH AND ELLIOT) ☂︎︎

╚═══════════════╝

"OF COURSE DAD WOULD BE INVOLVED IN THE ASSASSINATION, I should've known."

"No, you're jumping to conclusions."

"What else is he doing standing on the grassy knoll, holding an open black umbrella on a sunny day in Dallas, the exact same moment the president gets shot?"

Charlotte groaned, leaning back annoyingly. "I don't know. Your dad's a crazy dude. Maybe he somehow knows the future and he was like 'oh, you know, why don't I have some fun and just watch the president get shot?"

All eyes fell on her and the two Hargreeves glared at her. She shook her hands. "You're telling me that's far-fetched?"

"No. Just a completely unnecessary comment." Diego bit.

Five rolled his eyes. "It doesn't look good, I admit."

Diego shook his head. "No, he's the signalman for the whole goddamn thing."

"Easy, Diego. Seriously."

He refused to conform. She could see the thoughts running through the thing Diego called a brain. "No, it makes sense. This is what Hazel was obviously trying to tell you." his eyes went dark and Charlotte prepared to cringe or hold back a laugh. "We have to stop Dad from killing the president."

"Diego, calm down, all right?" Five huffed. "Dad was no Boy Scout, but presidential assassination? It's never been his thing."

"How would you know?" Diego asked sadly. "You skipped out on his golden years."

"Skipped out? You think I had it easy, Diego?"

Charlotte sighed, tuning out the argument only to give herself a moment of clarity away from the chaos that always seemed to follow the boy whom she followed. All this stress yet, she still didn't know why. He made saying no impossible despite the numerous flaws in his persuasions. No matter how many times the word threatened to slip past her lips it would simply roll back down her throat as he stared at her with that look she still couldn't figure out. Going over this in her mind, she didn't think of why he kept asking her to follow him or why he sought her out in the first place.

His motives were unclear, perhaps because if she truly reflected on them she'd fear what they meant.

Five seemed to be on a roll of anger which wasn't good in any circumstances. "You know what? We don't have the time for this right now. Dad's clearly in Dallas, right? Let's just go talk to him. Maybe he can help us fix the timeline."

"You said that way too lightly."

"Dallas is a big place." Diego mentioned. "We need to find him first."

"Gee, if only we had some magical, old-timey way of finding people and their addresses." his brother replied in annoyance.

Diego rolled his eyes. "Jackass."

A loud thud and before them laid greater Dallas telephone directory. Diego lunged for it, flipping through the pages. Charlotte sighed, taking the single cube of sugar Five handed her for her coffee. "Let's start simple. His name."

"Hargreeves... Hargreeves... Hargreeves." Diego muttered. "Shit, nothing here."

"Try his company, D.S Umbrella Manufacturing Co."