032. ILLICT RENDEZVOUS

╔═══════════════╗

ILLICIT RENDEZVOUS ☂︎

╚═══════════════╝

IT WAS A PAIN to walk, so instead she leaned against Five's shoulder, letting him carry some of the weight for her.

Simultaneously, they all groaned. All faces were beaten, bruised, scratched, or potentially concussed. Charlotte's head spun. She couldn't shake the feeling of being forced into a dream. The depths of her mind were both her greatest strength and weakness. Not many things kept her grounded but Five helped. In the moment, he was one of the few things that felt real. Him, his family, the leaves that rustled above her head, the wind lightly moving through her hair.

A few things felt real, but mainly him.

"Just gonna sit." Luther announced, stumbling to sit on the park bench. "I'm just gonna sit for a minute."

Klaus sprawled himself on top of the picnic table. She sat down beside Five on the picnic table, closing her eyes for a moment as the sun hit her face.

"That didn't go well." Diego stated plainly.

"No," Five sighs. "Not our best work."

A series of pops comes from behind her. Charlotte turned around to see Klaus with his hat against his contorted body. "Oh, I'm cracking."

"You all right?" Allison asked Luther. His eyes gazed into the distance, not a thought behind them.

"I don't know yet." he replied honestly. "I've just never had my ass handed to me like that before. It's like... " he motioned with his hands. "Here you go. It's your ass."

Allison, as did Charlotte, could only look over with a baffled expression. "Okay, I think Luther's concussed." she finished, putting an arm on Luther's shoulder.

Klaus sat upright, waving three fingers at his brother. "Luther, how many fingers?"

Luther's eyes widened. "Oh my God. Vanya."

"Oh. Thank God you're alive." Vanya's voice broke through the treeline, her figure appearing on the bridge.

"You okay?" Allison asked.

"Apparently, so is Ben." Klaus added.

"Yeah. And he's a complete dickhead."

Charlotte thought back to when she was leaving the house. The slight change in Ben's face as she left. She wasn't quite sure what to think of it.

Diego interrupted her thoughts. "They're all dickheads."

"Dickheads who can fight." Luther grumbled.

"Okay, next person to say 'dickhead' is getting a punch to the throat." Five pressed.

"Dickhead."

"Dickhead."

"Dickhead."

"Dickhead."