024. THE LAWS OF PHYSICS: BAKED

╔═══════════════╗

THE LAWS OF PHYSICS: BAKED ☂︎︎

╚═══════════════╝

"ALL RIGHT. First off, I wanna say I'm sorry. I know I really screwed the pooch-"

She hated herself for even attempting to stifle a laugh.

Americans.

He glared at her as did the rest of the siblings. "I'm trying to apologize. What in the world can be so funny?"

"Nothing." she gave a wobbly grin. "You just really fucked the dog on this one."

"That is horrible wording." Klaus supported, patting Charlotte on the back.

Five rolled his eyes. "Fine. I really fucked up on this whole going-back-in-time-and-getting-stuck-thing. But the real kick in the pants here is we brought the end of the world back here with us."

"Oh, my God, again?" Klaus groaned, pouring himself a drink. All the siblings stayed quiet, looking at him as though it were obvious. "All of you knew? Why am I always the last one to find out about the end of the- Oh, my God." he gasped. "My cult is gonna be so pissed. Five! I told them we had until 2019."

Charlotte blinked. "You have a cult?"

"We have until Monday. We have six days." Five sighed.

"Is it Vanya?"

"Klaus." Allison scolded.

"What?" he argued. "It's usually Vanya."

Vanya shook her head. "Do you have any leads, Five?"

Diego bent down, picking up the file on their father. "Yeah, we have one."

Allison opened it with wide eyes. "Holy shit, is that Dad?"

Diego gave a dejected. "Yeah."

"That's him?" Vanya questioned, looking at her father for what felt like the first time.

"Standing on the grassy knoll."

"Diego and I have been trying to talk to Dad about what exactly this means. So far, we've got nothing." Five confessed.

"Not nothing." Diego countered. "He's planning to kill Kennedy,"

"Maybe." he compromised. "But we don't know who or what sets doomsday in motion. Could be Kennedy, could be something entirely independent. But if we know something changes the timeline, we have to make it right."

"Technically, we've already changed the timeline so us landing here already fucked it up. Wouldn't it?" she asked.

"Yeah." Allison agreed. "Also, how can we fix the timeline if we don't know what's broken?"

"Come on. Do the math." Diego urged, knife dangling between his fingers. "We know Dad's having shady-ass meetings with some shady-ass people. We know he's on the grassy knoll in three days to kill the president. So I think we all know what we have to do."

Two different answers were thrown. One from Five being a "Find Dad." the other from Charlotte being a more questionable. "Kill your Dad?" which aligned with Diego's matter-of-fact "Kill Dad." He pointed to Charlotte excitedly at that.

His siblings did not agree.

"None of us are supposed to be here, right?" Vanya asked. "I mean, what if it's us? Has anyone here done anything to screw up the timeline?"