005. A KUDOS TO GREEK PHILOSOPHERS

╔═══════════════╗

A KUDOS TO GREEK PHILOSOPHERS ☂︎︎

╚═══════════════╝

THE DAY WAS PASSING at an infuriatingly slow rate ever since Five had left her with unanswered questions still hanging in the air.

Although her walk home with Klaus had been fun, having it consisted of a shared chocolate gelato that Klaus had stolen from the local supermarket, she was now left once again, alone and without purpose or yet, alone without answers to everything that had happened to her in the past hours.

Charlotte was sure that somewhere in the academy's prestigious halls and neatly trimmed wood details the answer to her questions would be waiting for her. After all, she had woken up here. Not the hospital. Not Vancouver. Here. Somewhere there was an office and in that office would contain her medical files, documented by Reginald Hargreeves.

The only problem was Pogo.

She was almost certain that if she were to ask to see them, he would simply deny her request. So soundlessly, she inched her way through the many halls, taking a peek in each door hoping to catch a glimpse of a desk or some indication of Hargreeves's office. Eventually, on the second floor of the house, the first room to the left contained a grand, dark oak wood desk with a leather-threaded chair. Her fingers pushed on the door, leaving it ajar, praying it wouldn't creak.

Instead, she ran into the second person most likely to put a halt to her inquiry.

"What are you doing here?"

Luther Hargreeves towered over her, eyes holding that look of disdain and his voice, a sense of condescending bite. Her eyes bit back at him, curiosity desperately urging her to read what the files said. "It's none of your business."

"It's my house." he replied, staring into the room. "And that's my dad's office. No one is allowed in here."

She rolled her eyes. "That office contains medical files. My medical files that were taken without my consent.

Luther huffed as though he were trying to think of something to say.

"Look." Charlotte said. "I don't want to be in your house. In fact, I don't want to be here at all. But those files contain answers to things I've been struggling with for years. Maybe, if I learn to control them, I can leave you and your daddy's precious office for good."

She could see the internal battle unfolding in Luther's mind, wondering if he should storm off or take the risk of watching her rummage through the files. He decided on staying, eyeing her and the door nervously. She moved quickly, opening each and every drawer until she came upon the neat stack of files with the label. "Charlotte Elaine Beaumont".

The thin papers ran between her fingers, the words in a distinctly neat handwriting.

NOVEMBER 5TH, 2005

Patient shows spikes of mixed energy forms on subatomic levels. Her internal monitoring depicts a high-emotion situation occurring within her reality which, in turn, results in higher spikes of energy. In conclusion, events unfolding in the mind, after numerous experiments, have affected the patient's ability to control reality.

NOVEMBER 12TH, 2005

Comatose shows no sign in continuing the aging of the patient. Whatever alternate reality she may be living out has not taken an affect on her physical appearance. In fact, it is my hypothesis that the conflicting worlds have caused a halt in aging. We will test for more answers going forward as well as a possible solution to her stasis.