010. STILL LIFE

STILL LIFE ☂︎︎

STILL LIFE ☂︎︎

"OKAY, WHERE THE FUCK are we?"

If she were to find herself trapped within a situation that seemed like the plot of an old western movie, she would have rather it been somewhere much more entertaining and far less desolate. Luther had stopped the car in the middle of an abandoned highway filled with dead grass.

Lovely.

Luther glared at her through the rear view mirror and she rolled her eyes at him in annoyance. There was a silence as they awaited what could possibly be their demise. "You know, I never enjoyed it." Five breaks the silence.

"What?' Luther asks.

Charlotte had to bite back the urge to spite him for his dumbassery.

"The killing." he substituted. "I mean, I was... I was good at my work, and I... I took pride in it. But it never gave me pleasure." he sighed. "I think it was all those years alone. Solitude can do funny things to the mind."

"Yeah, well, you were gone for such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough." he nods in understanding. "It's the being alone that breaks you."

Charlotte nods stupidly. "Wow. What a brilliant sibling moment. Personally, I can't relate to being alone but then again me and Klaus share along the same lines of trauma." she looked at Luther. "Not that it's a competition. Those four years on the moon must have been rough, buddy."

Luther turned to her. "Are you ever serious about anything?"

"Humor is my way of coping." she offered. "Apparently yours is sentimental sappiness but hey, I'm not judging."

He sighed and she irked away from the rear view mirror as Five stared sadly at her through it, his gaze making her uncomfortable. Luther patted the false case. "You think they'll buy it?"

"Well, what I do know is that they're desperate and I gave Charlotte a pretty good description" he sighed, mind wandering back to when she had configured the case as he described, the process having left her hungry and with a headache. "It's like a cop losing his gun. If the Commission finds out, they'll be in deep shit. Oh, not to mention the fact that they'll be stuck here until they get it back."