3. Game Time

Maverick Mission Headquarters

"Who even sent you to me anyways?"
 Jaehyun asked, fixing his weapon belt to his waist and tucking a knife into a hidden pocket of his jacket.

"My mission guides. You were the first person they could think of, seemed to have something to do with Butterfly anyways." Juyeon replied, putting on his own jacket and testing his grappling hook.

"It sucks that just by the mention of that sick group, I can just agree to go on missions. I hate this." The older spat out, hooking up his in-ear system.

"If you hate mafia work so much, why do you do it? Why are you the best in your field? I've heard rumors, but apparently you become a completely different person during missions." Juyeon paused. "Who would guess that someone who lives a boring normal life would thrive so much from doing illegal activities?"

"Stop taunting me. Do you want me to join you or not?" Hyunjae rolled his eyes.

Juyeon was slowly losing his patience, but he had to put up with the man for Chanhee and Kevin.

If the mission was that important, he could deal with Hyunjae for a while.

"Let's just get the last of our gear and go." The younger said calmly, while picking up a case. "Wow, Eric really went all out this time."

"Eric?" The older raised an eyebrow at the unfamiliar name.

"Eric is the technician at Reveal, even though he'd much rather be called a hacker because 'it sounds cool'. He's kind of like my little brother, so he gets kind of hyper and goes all out for gadgets during my missions." Juyeon elaborated, moving the heavy gadget case up and down as if it was a weight.

Hyunjae's expression, and maybe also his mindset, softened at the information, before his thoughts were cut off by his mission guide speaking in his in-ear piece.

"Jaehyun, can you hear me?"

"Younghoon! I told you not to call me that-" Hyunjae turned on his mic, ready to yell at his mission guide for using his non-mafia name.

"So I don't get the best friend privilege? I don't see you for a month and this is how you treat me when you're back?"

The older turned to see Juyeon snickering.

"You... you can hear this?" Jaehyun pointed to his in-ear, looking at the younger who just nodded, turning on his own mic.

"Nice to meet you, Younghoon. I'm Yeon, and I can guarantee that you'll have the best friend privilege with me."

"Well this one is definitely a keeper as your mission partner, Jae."

"Both of you shut up! Plus, it's just one mission." The blonde field agent rolled his eyes at their antics, heading over towards the garage, only to groan again.