9. Old Friend

"Welcome back Hyunjae

"Welcome back Hyunjae."

"It's lovely to see you again, Kino."

The two males smiled, still pointing their guns at each other.

Jaehyun muted his mic, keeping the conversation private.

"It's been a long time."

Hyunjae and Kino had been childhood friends. 

Back when the Maverick agent's father was still alive, he would attend galas for mafia group allies. 

Kino would usually be there for his uncle, the leader of Hexagon, and through their boredom, the two got along and became friends-

-of course, only through their codenames.

Causing trouble at the parties, and pulling pranks on guests that their families didn't like were their specialties.

But when Hexagon and Maverick parted ways from a betrayal, the two boys also had to part their own ways, only being able to see each other on missions.

Regardless of their childhood friendship, they had to be enemies now and they both knew it well.

"Why are you here, Kino-ah? Stealing our shipments isn't very nice."

"That's not the way to start a conversation with an old friend, hyung."

They were both waiting for a real move to be made, until Jaehyun had enough of it, throwing a smoke bomb to his left from behind himself.

Startled at the hissing noise, Kino turned and the older got the chance to shoot him in the arm, the boy dropping.

"Wah.. you're just like the rumors say. Ruthless... I wouldn't believe that you could be like that." 

Kino clutched his shoulder, on the ground from the pain.

"Shut up-"

"Hyunjae- you're muted? Did something happen?"

Younghoon's voice rang through, slightly distracting Hyunjae, who still had mixed emotions from his run-in.

And Kino swung his leg around, tripping the older as he pounced on him.

"I can't believe you Hyung."

A punch to his face.

"You left me when you were my only friend."

Another punch.