24. Five Shots

[kevin moon's playlist]

now playing:

track 5

RPM by SF9
{mood-setter}

"3. 2. 1. Simulation started."

They turned off of the wall, advancing forward and crouching down so they wouldn't be seen as much.

Jihoon looked around for the ladder to the second floor platform, before finding it up ahead and motioning to it.

The two eventually reached their assigned enemy base, looking down to check how many cadets were at it.

"Jaehyuk and Asahi." The younger whispered. "Jaehyuk has a slightly slow reaction time. We can use that. Shoot at Asahi first."

Hyunjae did as instructed, getting his gun ready, aimed for the boy. With perfection, the invisible laser landed on Asahi's shoulder, the gear lighting up in an indication that he had been shot and needed to recharge at a base.

Upon seeing the flashing lights reflecting behind him and Asahi cursing, Jaehyuk turned around to face the boy, his eyes widening.

Even though he holds the gun up with a grip and gains alertness, it's too late and Jihoon has already shot his chest.

"ASAHI OUT. JAEHYUK OUT." The loudspeaker sounds around the arena.

The two spot Jaehyun and Jihoon two floors above them, shooting at the top of the base they were guarding. The boys tried to recharge their suits, but the attackers captured the base only after a few moments.

"Juyeon hyung! Junghwan! Base one is down and we need backup!"

Hyunjae could hear the boys communicating through their mics, reminding himself to hide and check in on his own team. He and Jihoon had heard of more people getting out on the loudspeaker but weren't able to pay attention to it completely. They ducked behind one of the simulated walls as he tuned into the radio signal.

"Defense, how are we?"

"There's one attacker at each of our bases, hyung." Yoshi chimed in, the ringing noises from the shooting being heard in the background. "I have two attackers at mine- no, Juyeon hyung was here before... he's not anymore. Yoshi out." The boy responded calmly, reassuring the two that the defense was fine.

"Juyeon hyung is coming back to defend probably." Jihoon added, Hyunjae nodding.

"Hyung! We captured the base, moving in on the center in 3? Junkyu out." Junkyu's cheery voice was heard on the signal.