33. A Visit Home (WE'RE BACK)

[kevin moon's playlist]

now playing:

track 9

Dejavu by NU'EST

"Are you sure you want to go back now? I thought you were set on doing more... butterfly missions." 

Sangyeon spoke, a mix of emotions, and yet only calmness and sternness could be heard clearly in his voice.

"It's not like I'm going to visit Mom for a long time. Maybe just two days."

Jaehyun neatly folded a pair of pants, placing them in his suitcase.

After walking away that night, the heartbroken agent concluded that he needed to get away from everything for a while.

Especially Juyeon.

He had become attached to the younger so quickly, accepting the protection and comfort he provided without any hesitation;

and all he wanted right now, when he was so hurt, was for that same man to be next to him and tell him that everything would be okay.

However, Juyeon was the same person that hurt him. The same person who was so confusing and unreadable.

Someone in his dream? Didn't he say that his dreams were nightmares?

No matter what... he could still read some things about Juyeon. 

The Reveal agent reciprocated his actions. He went out of his way for Hyunjae. 

In what country is that not a love language?

He couldn't understand what wasn't enough for Juyeon. What made Hyunjae less than whoever he already had in his heart? Was he not good enough? Even though Juyeon saw him everyday while the other person might not even exist?

Why wasn't he enough?

Was it because he tried to combine his undercover life with his public one? Did Juyeon like Hyunjae more than Jaehyun- or the other way around?

Jaehyun worked so hard on himself, to take care of his anxiousness and fear.

He was almost able to say that he was both Hyunjae and Jaehyun, the same person, which was an incredible step for him. 

However, it wasn't enough for Juyeon.

No matter how much overthinking he had done since that night, he wasn't raised to wallow in his sadness.