32. Never Find Another

[kevin moon's playlist]

now playing:

track 8

Lover Like Me by CL
{mood-setter}

As soon as Hyunjae put the phone down, hanging up, Juyeon embraced him, spinning around with the sound of cars passing along the highway and city lights all blending together.

"You're winning, Hyunjae."

When he stopped twirling them around, Juyeon's eyes locked onto Jaehyun's and everything around them stopped as well.

This was the beginning of them.

The feelings had to be shared as they both leaned in.

Their noses almost touched, and Jaehyun could feel Juyeon's heartbeat, his hand right on his heart.

They were so close, that their lips brushed each other, and eyelids slowly fluttered shut.

I can't do this to him.

Juyeon separated them quickly, looking more vulnerable than Jaehyun had ever seen him.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that." Juyeon brushed his hair back with his hand, looking around nervously.

"Juyeon, it's okay..." Hyunjae soothed him. 

Falling for each other was written in the stars for them, Jaehyun believed. 

Partners or not.

"No- I mean, I can't-"

The older put a finger on his lips, effectively stopping him from continuing.

"I like you, Juyeon. A lot. I can't think of a more important person to me right now." Hyunjae smiled, looking beautiful, ethereal, amazing.

But Juyeon couldn't.

He couldn't return the feelings, even if he felt the exact same way.

"I'm sorry, Hyung."

Jaehyun looked confused, but still listened to him.

He doesn't deserve to be caught up in something unsolveable.

"The person from my dreams, I'm in love with them." Juyeon whispered, looking down, because he couldn't bear to look at the boy in front of him.

"I know they exist, Hyung. I don't know who they are, but I need to find them. I can't go on without finding them."

"I feel the same way for you..."

I'm sorry.

"...but I can't be with you, Jaehyun."

He can't possibly look to see the reaction of the other.

He's not strong enough to do that.

All he hears is a deep breath before Hyunjae speaks.

"So you lead me on?"

"You can't tell me that there wasn't something going on between us before! You held me in your arms and told me that I was going to be okay, that you would fight for me."

"Find your mystery person, or whatever. You didn't have to make me think that you even felt slightly the same for me, though."

He finally looks up, to see Jaehyun leaving, tears streaming down his face as he went back into the ballroom, leaving Juyeon to his mixed emotions on the balcony.

I'm so sorry, Jaehyun.

I can't believe I hurt you again, when I swore to protect you from anyone that would.

I want to love you, but I can't love you.

I wish I could've delayed this, so that we could continue being happy together.

And I wouldn't have to face the truth.

That I'm after something impossible.

- - - 

thank you for reading!

!! short chapter for the plot and also because of the big update yesterday 

im so sorry guys

i have no explanations, so feel free to yell at me in the comments and my dms!

this hurt to write omg