7. Recovery

Why did Yves target Hyunjae?

Why does he fear her so much?

Why does he hide from mafia work if he's so good at it?

Why did Jacob make him Juyeon's partner, knowing about the past?

Why was Juyeon trusted to protect Hyunjae?

Of course the older needed to be protected.

There was something about him that seemed so fragile.

If you tore away his average, domestic, normal personality, you would find a sassy but confident personality.

If you dug farther, you would fall into his mafia member personality: the cynical, tactical, Hyunjae.

But if you broke all of those barriers,

you would find a boiling volcano, unsteady and ready to explode.

Juyeon brushed his new partner's hair back, out of his face. 

Jaehyun was sleeping peacefully, looking much more relaxed than how he was when he woke up earlier.

"This is so embarrassing, Juyeon. I got injured on my first mission with you."

The older agent hadn't even opened his eyes, yet an awkward smile appeared on his face.

"H-How did you know it was me-" Juyeon got up, confused as to how Hyunjae identified him even with his eyes closed.

"I don't know if anyone's told you this, but you have really big hands."

He finally opened his eyes, sighing a bit as he tried sitting up, Juyeon assisting him.

The younger looked down at his hands, turning them to check if he was telling the truth.

"Really? I don't believe it."

Jaehyun took Juyeon's hand, aligning it with his own to show an obvious size difference, the younger's hand encasing the older's.

"I don't think it's a bad thing. It's actually quite comforting." Hyunjae replied freely, as Juyeon rolled his eyes.

"Anyways... are you okay?" The raven-haired asked, looking worried once again.

"Yeah.. I just had a very realistic bad dream. I think the nightmare tired me out."

Not a realistic bad dream.

"Hyung, that was a hallucination. It actually happened, but it was just me and Haknyeon."

Juyeon couldn't read the expression on the other's face, almost as if he had just been stabbed and didn't know what to do.