28. Sensed

[kevin moon's playlist]

now playing:

track 6

You And I by Dreamcatcher
{mood-setter}

"I feel upset but I don't know if I deserve to feel upset because I feel so guilty too..." Hyunjae wiped a new stream of tears as Kevin reached over to the coffee table by the couch to grab another tissue.

"You deserve to feel every emotion, Jaehyun. Now that I know what happened, I can tell you that Juyeon is very protective of Eric in general. It doesn't matter who it is. I know that he shouldn't have done that. Especially to you." The Canadian comforted him.

"It was still wrong of me to think that I could enter his life. I just wanted someone to save me when I felt trapped..." He paused. "...and I thought that we really had something unique too."

After staying silent for a few moments, Kevin took a deep breath and asked Hyunjae the question that had been flooding his mind ever since Juyeon texted him a while ago.

"Jaehyun, do you have feelings for Juyeon?"

He was met with a sad smile, Hyunjae sighing in bitterness.

"Yes I do. I have feelings for him and right now I feel heartbroken. And sad. And I'm this close to going to him to beg for forgiveness even though I'm more hurt about what he did."

Kevin wrapped his arms around Jaehyun, the two emotionally hugging each other.

"I'm sorry. I would say something different if we were in different circumstances, but right now, I'm really sorry that this happened to you. You deserve to be mad too, though! It shouldn't always be how could he- it can be how dare he! You're worth the feeling of being angry. You're allowed to take out your hurt sometimes, even when you're attached to the person and even when you love the person." The younger spoke with determination, the Maverick agent having a blank face of shock at his retaliation. 

"Tomorrow, in your scheduled mission, you can show him what he's missing." Kevin added with a proud look.

"...scheduled mission?!"

Hyunjae immediately panicked, wiping the tears from his face quickly.

"How am I going to face him! It's gonna be so awkward and I'm just going to be standing there-"