16. Switch-Up

"What's all of this?"

Juyeon and Hyunjae had made it through the night happily, leaving their worries to be dealt for later. Right now, the younger was back to his actual position. 

Chanhee and Kevin were at their connected desks, as Juyeon sat across from them, looking around at the multiple files, which definitely contained more than one picture of Hyunjae.

"We need you to bring Hyunjae back permanently." Chanhee stated firmly. "I know that he wants to escape this work, but you remember yesterday. Butterfly knows who he is and interacting casually with locals isn't helping his case at all."

Kevin sighed. "He needs us as much as we need him."

Juyeon seemed conflicted, looking at the file in front of him.

"What am I supposed to do about this?"

"You need to convince him to come back and leave whatever he has out there beyond these mafia walls. Get close with him and he'll listen to you." The Canadian member explained.

"You know that he depends on all of these domestic things a lot, right? It's really hard to figure him out, but it's like he's scared of himself sometimes." Juyeon murmured. 

"Yeon.. we really need you to do this. It's a mafia order." Chanhee looked straight at him, pushing the file into his chest. "We can't decline."

-

How could Juyeon manage to convince such a stubborn person to abandon his life and do something that he's scared of? He's not a psychologist, he's a trained soldier in an illegal conglomerate.

Currently, the said male was walking down the main Reveal hallway, unable to bring himself to leave the building, nor speak to Jacob about his new mission and beg to refuse it.

Apparently, Juyeon got a break from his thinking process when he heard a rush of footsteps toward him and...crying? 

A certain Choi Chanhee looked up from where he was running to the escalator, quickly wiping away a few tears.

"Chanhee? New? What happened?" Juyeon made his way to the younger, worried.

"T-they're dating.." Chanhee sniffled, looking down while holding himself for comfort.

"Who?" 

"Changmin...and Younghoon..."

Oh.

"Oh yeah, you liked Changmin- no, you liked two people. Who's the other one?" 

Chanhee looked up from his despair just to give Juyeon a disappointed glare, which seemed to spark something in his brain.

"Oh my god- but isn't that what you want?" 

If Chanhee liked Changmin and Younghoon.. 

and the two were dating.. 

..why was it so bad?

"I wanted to be apart of it, you idiot! They've been dating for a while, but I've been pining over them uselessly..." The words only had the younger crying harder as he hits the other's shoulder.

"And you don't know if they want you to be apart of it- I'm so sorry Chanhee." Juyeon hugged him tightly, finally putting it together.

The same person who was just talking strictly to him earlier was now crying in his arms.

The world is crazy, isn't it?

-

Jaehyun felt like he was floating. 

His stress had departed that day as he woke up and it was like he had gone to sleep as himself and woken up in a different world.

"You're glowing today, Jae." Jiwoo stated, grinning at his appearance. "Is it because of anything that happened yesterday?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

If he wasn't in such a good mood right now, Hyunjae's female coworker would've been gone for. 

"Nothing happened yesterday- Can I not just be happy?" He was quick to defend himself.

"I don't know.. you seemed very put-together and stiff a few days ago, and today you're so carefree and hey- you're blushing! You're blushing because of something that happened yesterday!" 

Jaehyun gasped at the accusation, before looking away. 

"Am Not!" He responded like a three year-old.

"Okay, you don't have to tell me, but I'm definitely not letting go of this. I knew Juyeon was the right one for you!"

"Shut up Jiwoo!" He pouted, before the said girl gave him a short back-hug. 

"Okay- okay, that's enough of my teasing for today. There'll be more next time, but I have something important to say!"

Hyunjae turned around to look at the short girl.

"You're going to meet my girlfriend today!"

"She's coming? Really?"

Jiwoo had spoke highly of her girlfriend and how she was "exactly her type", but Jaehyun hadn't ever met her, as she only usually came to drive the shorter girl back home.

"Yup! I'm sure that you'll love her! You guys are both so dedicated to what you do and she's excited to finally meet my favorite co-worker!"

She looked so happy, that the male couldn't help but smile.

"You always look so happy when you talk about her."

Jiwoo looked up at him, before she gave him a knowing smile.

"You could be too."

"You could be happy with Juyeon."

Jaehyun thought about that sentence for a while, before the bells on the front door of the cafe opened.

"You must be Jaehyun." The woman told him, putting her hand out for him to shake it. "I'm Ha Sooyoung, nice to meet you."

Ha Sooyoung.

That's what she went by daily.

But Jiwoo-

Jaehyun looked to his left, seeing the adorable girl grin widely at him.

He'd do this for her.

It's temporary.

Biting the inside of his cheek, he extended his hand out, shaking Yves's hand with a controlled smile on.

Checkmate, Lee Jaehyun.

- - - 

a bit of a short chapter but only for the next one to be long~

i saw thrill ride the day it came out and got the 11 kids i babysit to watch it with me and I SCREAMED it was so good dskjavhjdfgh 

merry bad ending one of the best b-sides in my opinion just saying

ty for reading!