chapter 7

You were sitting on the couch in common room with others, who just had got back from the mission. This time without any bad bruises, luckily.

Then you lifted your head and looked outside from the window.

It was time.

You put down your book on the table and stood up, just wishing that no one would question your doings.

But it just stayed as a wish.

"Where is the little wolf going?" Loki asked curiously from the other side of the couch. Others turned at him, looking pretty surprised that he had talked to you like that.
"Full moon stuff." you blurted out firmly.
You hated to talk about it more than you had to and gladly the team had understood it quickly. But it seemed like Loki had still lot to learn.
And now he was still looking at you curiously, he didn't know what you had meant, obviously.

"And it means, Reindeer Games, that our wolf is going outside for now, just for ours and hers safety." Tony clarified it to Loki, who was now glaring at Tony with unpleasant look on his face, he wasn't a fan of nicknames. Well, you understood Loki, Tony is known of his peculiar nicknames.

You huffed in little amuse as you walked to the elevator. You saw how Loki followed you with his eyes while you walked, and it was little weird.

But now, you needed to get to the woods before the moon rises.

*

You stood on the edge of the woods and lifted your head up on the sky. Full moon was here, it started to rise and you felt your wolf's presence. Your feet turned into four legs and you shifted successfully into a wolf.

You felt like you were home again. You had missed the feeling of running through the woods, hunting and howling the moon.

This was you.

And sometimes you really hoped that you would never had to left your pack, but you did. And you will never ever join them again, you'd rather die than join them again. You could never forgive them, forgive the alpha for the things he had done.

After hunting down one deer and rabbit, you found a meadow behind the trees. You had never ran in these woods before, and it was just because of your pack. You needed to avoid them as much as you could and luckily these weren't their woods, so you would be safe.

You watched the stars and that bright moon on the sky. You felt its power. You took a long breath and howled your lungs out, and it felt amazing.

But then, you smelled a familiar scent.

And it was coming right behind you.

You turned around and saw a wolf, light brown fur with yellow eyes like yours.
/Warren?/ you growled a little in shock.

/Hey Y/N./ he replied amicably. Warren took carefully few steps forwards and dropped down on his front feet, leaning his head against the ground.

You did the same.

/You're a far away from home./ Warren said after he had stood up again. He still kept the distance between you two, he knew it would be threatening to you if he comes any closer to you.
/Pack is not my home anymore./ you blurted and glared at him suspiciously, prepared for any kind of attack.

/Yes it is and it'll always be./ he replied firmly which made you roll your eyes and huff.
/It's in your blood Y/N, you can't deny it!/ he added aggressively and it made you took few steps backwards.

/You really just came here to try to bring me back to the pack? To the alpha?/ you growled, you knew him and your old pack too well. Warren couldn't really be here just for trying to talk you around after all this time, it has been too long for that. And you also knew he can't be alone, they never are.

/No, Y/N, no./ he sighed and walked little closer. /I came here to warn you./

You were shocked.
You knew he had always been loyal to your father, and he also had been your friend back then when you still had been part of the pack. But it was still hard to believe that he wanted to warn you.

/About what?/ you asked, but you got your answer already when you heard a strong, loud howl. And you knew immediately who it was.
/Too late. They're coming, you need to run now./ Warren said with a little panic in his voice.
/The alpha wants you back, that's why they're here. So run now before they find you!/ he added and looked at you with those same yellow wolf eyes like you had.

You watched your old friend in shock, but also with respect. He had came all the way here to warn you, maybe there was still someone in the pack who you could trust on.

You nodded and bowed, so did Warren. A sign of an honor and disarmament.

You glanced at him one last time before you had to ran away. You heard and smelled the alpha's wolfs presence, you didn't have much time.
You ran deep into the woods as fast as you could. And you actually were very fast, one of the fastest in your old pack. Those others were big and strong, like almost all of the werewolves, but not you. You were small, but you were also very fast and agile.

You heard wolf's steps and running behind you as you tried to find your way back closer to the city. It was your only chance to lose them.
You ran fast to the edge of the woods, to the edge of the city, but right before you would have got in safe space, one of the wolves tackled you to the ground. You fought him off from top of you and pushed him further. You stood up quickly and recognized the wolf immediately. It was one of the alpha's seconds, he had two of them. They were the second strongest in the pack and the alpha only trusted them.

Then he went for another attack and you prepared yourself. Because he was so strong, he managed to tackle you again on the ground. He was above you, clawing you with his sharp claws and teeth.
Even though he was stronger than you, you somehow managed to fight him back and push him on the ground.
And now you were on top of him, growling like an animal who were also bleeding like hell. You made one big cut with your claws on his chest and he howled in pain. But you weren't going to kill him.

/Tell the alpha that I am not joining his stupid pack ever again./ you growled at him and then jumped off from top of him. He just stayed on the ground, yelping out of pain. You heard the other wolves, they were close and coming to your direction, you needed to leave now before it was too late.

You limped back to the city, with bleeding leg and few bite marks on your front feet. The moon was setting down and it would be safe now to get back to the tower. You couldn't stay outside, you were too vulnerable right now. But you also didn't enjoy the fact that the team was going to see you wounded and weak.