chapter 31

That kiss felt like eternity and you hated to break it. Loki smiled in amusement as he looked at you again.
"What?" you asked.
"Looks like your wolf enjoyed it too." he smirked and you blushed hard as you realized that your eyes were now blue. You quickly shook your head and closed your eyes to make them disappear.

"What about you?" Loki said then seriously.
"What do you mean?" you asked.
"Was it ok.. or-"
"It was perfectly fine." you interrupted him with slight smile on your face. Loki smiled too, he had been nervous about it, you had seen it. But you really just loved it; how he has been so careful and gentle with you from the very beginning. He had understood you the way no one had ever before.

"I really am glad you're okay." he said then as he squeezed your hand little harder. You smiled softly in return. "I'm glad you're too."

But quickly then you glanced down at your lap again and let out a tiny sigh. Loki noticed your concern immediately like always and he reached for your other hand as he began to speak.

"Who.. who was that girl in the woods?" he asked carefully.
"Kali.. my little sister." you replied while you tried to held back your tears as the memories of her death started to break through again.
"And it was the alpha who killed her?" Loki said.
"No, but it was his orders." you sighed and wiped quickly a tear from your cheek and hoped that Loki hadn't noticed it. Then you looked at him again, both of your hands in his.
"And my mother was there, and she did absolutely nothing." you grumbled. It just brought you pure anger to think about the fact that your own mother had just stood there and done nothing for yours or your sister's good. She hadn't even tried to help you when you were trying to save Loki and almost got killed because of it. Just like back then when your father was about to get killed.
"She was your mother?" Loki was stunned. He had told you about his loving mother before and how great she was, and he had a hard time to understand that not every mother was as good as his.
"Yeah, but to be honest I shouldn't have expected anything more than that from her. It always has been her nature. Even back then when my dad died." you grumbled and still tried to fight back your tears. Loki just watched you quietly and then pulled you into his arms.
"I'm so sorry little wolf.." he whispered and tightened his grip around you. You couldn't help it anymore and just let your tears break free as you wrapped your hand around his waist. "I'm so sorry I didn't manage to save you from it like I promised." he added, sounding hurt and desperate that he had broken his promise. And it just made you feel more bad about it. It wasn't his fault at all.
"Don't be, you have nothing to do with it. It wasn't your fault." you replied softly as you laid your head against his chest and quietly listened to his heartbeat and tried to calm yourself down.

He was now the last and only person in your world you trusted. Everyone else had died in front of your eyes and you knew you weren't going to let that happen to him too.

*

You had been so tired that you had fallen asleep into his calming arms. But now you were awake and Loki wasn't there anymore. You got immediately really worried and first thing you did was to look for him from his bed. But he wasn't in the whole medical department anymore so you went to look for him elsewhere. Luckily your injuries had healed enough for walking.

You took the elevator and went up to the common room where you had heard noises with your extremely good sense of hearing.

And as the doors opened, you stepped into a middle of an argument. And of course it was Tony and Steve fighting over each other's opinions, like always. And Loki was there too, by his brother's side.
But the only one besides Loki, who actually had noticed your entrance was Nat. She was smiling at you and seemed to be happy to see you on your feet again.
But quickly her smile faded away as the argument between those two hotheads continued.

"Are you now blaming me for this?" Tony grumbled at Steve.
"No. There's no one to be blamed for what happened to Y/N." Steve said firmly.

"Great.. here we go again." you mumbled as quietly as you could.

"No Steve, there is." Tony replied immediately and his eyes met Loki's. But Loki wasn't surprised, it was like he had waited for him to say that this whole time.
"Oh that's right Stark, blame this all on me!" Loki raised his voice. Thor looked from aside at Loki and then Stark, obviously ready to be on his little brother's side.
"Well weren't you the one who left our mission because you had a feeling?" Tony emphasized his words.
"Yes, and to be clear I was right." Loki said with hint of aggression in his voice. That was the moment when you knew he began to get more pissed.
"Oh yes you were, but should I remind you what you just few minutes ago told us? How you went into the woods and made the whole pack attack you? How Y/N had to protect you from that and she got almost killed too? You were right and you almost killed her because of it." Tony grumbled as he pointed his finger at Loki who didn't look that pleased either. And you saw how Loki tried to control his emotions. You knew that Tony accusing him for almost killing you had hurt him. He had already blamed himself for that enough.

"The alpha wouldn't have killed her anyways because he wants her alive. At least that is what she has told us before and I believe it's still true." Tony murmured and took few steps closer to Loki. Loki didn't say anything but just stared at Tony with anger and frustration glowing in his eyes. Everyone else were quiet as well since they had no idea should they step in or dodge the bullet Tony was loading in his gun at the moment.

"I hope you understand that-"
but you decided to stop Tony right there and you stormed over to them, right in front of Loki before Tony would have succeeded to grab his collars. Your eyes turned blue and you growled aggressively at Tony, not letting him touch Loki. You had never done that before to any of your teammates after your first weeks as a scared little wolf were over. And that's probably why they all stared at you, being very stunned. Plus they were obviously very shocked of your presence as well since almost none of them had noticed you before.

"I hope you understand that this isn't Loki's fault." you said first and Tony took few steps back like he was afraid that you might bite.
"Because if I remember right, he was the one who were actually concerned and wanted to check on me while you all had decided to leave me here all alone in the first place!" you continued. You hadn't stand up for anyone like that during your time here. You really had been that scared little wolf for a very long time, and now you had just got enough of it.
Maybe it was caused by your sister's death or Loki's very close death, but either way you had just got enough of it.

"But we couldn't take you on that mission because of your bad condition." Steve replied.
"But we could have let someone stay..." Natasha sighed right after, taking your side like always when she thought you were right at something. "Nat is right." Thor agreed. "And so is Y/N, this isn't my brother's fault. It's no one's fault. We couldn't have known."

Tony were just quiet as he stared at you and Loki in turns. He was still quite stunned of your actions, but you also felt like he somehow understood you.
"Tony?" Steve said.
"Maybe it's better if we let this go. Things happen. I got almost eaten by the wolves and I'm not blaming it on anyone. It was something unstoppable." Nat tried to talk sense into his stubborn head. But Tony just stayed quiet, nodded and then... left.

And then you looked at Loki, who had grabbed your hand into his to calm you down only minutes earlier.

"Let's go." you said to him and you led him away from the common room and left others there to handle the rest of the mess by themselves.