chapter 14

Next day came fast and you were heading outside from your room after three days had passed. You had felt more confident in the morning than before, and decided to join the team for once.

But as you were walking down the stairs, you couldn't ignore the fact that the tower was more quiet than ever before.

And that was something you should really worry about.

There were never silent among the team, ever.

You got to the dining area and noticed soon there was no one in there. Usually there was at least Thor eating his waffles or Nat making dinner for boys, but now... no one.

Where in the hell they have went?

You walked in to the kitchen, and just to notice Loki, who looked awfully helpless while he was trying to cook something which smelled like something badly burned.

"Everything alright?" you asked as you walked behind him and got up on your toes and peeked over his shoulder.
"Not so sure." Loki replied still keeping his eyes on the cooked food.

"To be honest, I tried to make you some breakfast." he added and looked disappointed at his black pancakes. You chuckled little nervously and took the pan out of his hands.
"Let me." you replied and he step aside and more than happily let you take the control.

After you had cooked those brand new pancakes, you placed half of them on Loki's plate and half on yours. Loki looked little embarrassed as you handed him the plate.
"Cooking is really not my thing." he mumbled while he was sitting down across from you.
"Lucky for you that I was around." you said  little amused and took a bite from your pancake.

"Why you were even cooking breakfast for me?" you asked after a long silence between you two.
"I thought that my lady wolf would be delighted for it." Loki said politely while he was enjoying his breakfast as well. You smiled in return.

Then suddenly, you remembered the real reason you had came here in the first place.
"Do you happen to know where are the rest of the team? I'm pretty sure they're not here in the tower." you mumbled and looked carefully up into his eyes.
"Steve told me something about a mission." he replied firmly. You tilted your head like always when you were confused.
"Why didn't they wake me? I could've helped." you said little disappointed. Even though you had been locked up into your room for three days, you still were part of the team. Why hadn't they took you with them?

"Steve ordered me to keep you here." Loki replied gently. He had already finished his meal and now he was looking at you with his soft green eyes.
"What?" you were stunned. You would had never thought that about Steve. Was he even trusting Loki that much to leave him here to babysit a wolf with huge trust issues? Besides it was your job to look after him while the others were on missions.

"Relax little wolf." he said softly and with caring tone in his voice. You rolled your eyes a little and finished your breakfast. You really would have appreciated that the information would have came from the team, not Loki.

You took Loki's plate on top of yours and headed back to the kitchen.

"Thank you for the delicious breakfast Y/N." Loki thanked you as he appeared to the kitchen as well. You nodded with little smile in return. You were still pissed that Steve hadn't told you anything about the mission and left you alone with the god of mischief. Even though you had started to be more confident around him, and which was just good. You hated to be that scared little wolf all the time.

"So, what my wolf wants to do?" Loki asked then after you had placed the plates into the dishwasher. You got back up and tilted you head in confusion. Loki chuckled at your reaction.
"I'm not going to leave you alone, I'm here to spend the day with you." he smirked little mischievously as he leaned against the table with his left arm. You couldn't stop the coming smile and you smirked as well.
"Well, I need to visit the bookstore nearby. You can wait here if you want." you replied firmly. Loki grinned and shook his head.

"Let's go then." he bid you.

*

You walked on the streets in the middle of the city. Neither of you still knew how to drive, so you used your legs. Which you actually didn't mind since you have always been living in the woods, without any cars or other modern technology.

You led him inside the usual bookstore you visited often, especially when you were extremely bored or you needed some alone time.

Loki looked curious as he looked around the store. He was stunned and he clearly was admiring the amount of books it had. Loki loved reading, he really did.

"This place.." he started and walked around the store, you walking behind and following his expressions. You were pretty amused as you watched him touching every single book and looking at them like he hadn't saw anything like it before.
"..it looks a little bit like your library in the tower." he admired and grabbed one of the books.
"And it even have the same books as you." Loki added and pointed at the harry potter in his hands. You couldn't help laughing as you grabbed the book from him.
"Of course they do. My books aren't the only ones, I had bought them right here as well." you said and put the book back to the shelf. Loki looked at you confused, he clearly had no idea how book stores worked.

"I need to find one book I came here for, meanwhile you can look around. Maybe you'll find something too." you bid him. Loki nodded with gentle smile and then disappeared behind the shelfs. He was just like his brother, a kid in the candy store.

After a while, you had found your book you had been there for and now you were looking for Loki.
You found him quickly, looking curiously at a book in his hands. You walked over to him and he turned to look at you.
"Did you find the book you were looking for?" he asked softly. You nodded in response.

Then you drew your gaze at his hands.

Loki laughed in embarrassment as he noticed your staring.
"I like romantic books." he told you and looked down at his book as well. You didn't answer anything but just smiled gently in return.
"Shall we then?" Loki asked impatiently as he pointed at the door. You shook your head in amuse.
"No, we have to pay for these first." you said and grabbed the book from his hands.
"Pay? That's ridiculous." Loki huffed as he followed you to the checkout.

You handed over your books and paid for both of them.
"Let me." Loki said and took the books from you.
And then you two walked back to the tower without saying anything to each other.

Then you went straight to the common room and jumped on the couch, Loki still following you behind. He sat down too and handed you your book.
"Norse mythology?" he asked after he had read your book's cover. You nodded and took it from him.
"I have plenty of different mythology books, I like to read them as well." you replied.
"What is that about?" he asked and it really surprised you that he didn't know.

"Thor... you." you mumbled, feeling embarrassed. Loki looked at you curiously as he smirked. You were little amused by his reaction.
"I didn't know that midgardians have their own mythology about us." he replied.
"Thor had never told you about it?" you asked, stunned. You had thought that they were pretty close brothers.
"No.
In Asgard, I was usually just running some boring duties my father always came up with. And Thor, he just traveled through all the nine realms with his stupid friends, so we really didn't have time to discuss about anything, or definitely not about some kind of mythology things." Loki explained. His voice sounded hurt as he talked. There seemed to be something in Asgard and his family he didn't want to tell you about. You were also pretty surprised that he even just had told you that, he seemed more like 'not likely to open up to anyone' type.

"I'm sorry, that seems so unfair." you tried helplessly to show some empathy to that clearly broken god.
Loki smiled and huffed softly.
"That's alright little wolf." he replied gently and looked at you with his precious green eyes.