chapter 32

You followed Loki into his room. As soon as you had taken him away from others, he had let his anger break free. He used his magic to throw his chair across the room, straight into the wall and it broke into million pieces. You stood on the doorway, waiting for him to calm down.
Even though you didn't feel so calm either. You were pissed. You were so done with Stark at this point that it boiled your blood over the edges. But you remained calm. This time it was your turn to be there for him.

"Loki.." you said to him after he had nothing left to break, and now he just stood there and stared out of his window into distance.
You walked over to him and gently laid your hand on his shoulder. He turned his head and looked at you with miserable look in his eyes.
"I swore to protect you. To not let anything bad happen to you again." he said. "Maybe Stark was right after all."
"No." you said immediately. You wouldn't let him think that. He couldn't blame himself.
"You can't let him mess up your mind. Tony was wrong and everyone knows that." you protested.
"I don't know Y/N.. maybe this all was-"
"Don't say that." you interrupted. "It wasn't anyone's fault but mine. I shouldn't have trusted my mother, I was stupid. I should've known better. She has done this all before." you told him firmly but lovingly. The fact that he was hurting, hurt you.
"Exactly, I should've stayed because I already knew about those things she had done to you. I should've known better as well." Loki said then. You smiled softly in return and wrapped your hands around his neck.
"No Loki. You have to stop blaming yourself for this. Like I said, Tony was wrong. He doesn't know what he's talking about, he never does. Only thing he manages is blaming others. It is his way to cope.... and he's also just being really overprotective." you told him firmly. But at the moment Loki was only interested to look at the floor so you turned his head back up and he's eyes met yours again.
"Okay?" you asked. Loki hesitated and you saw how he tried his best not to tear up. He had become very soft around you recently.
"Okay." he said and even managed to smile a little. You smiled too and then got up on your toes to give him a kiss on his cheek which surprised him.

"Everything okay Y/N?" he asked then after you grinned a bit out of pain. You had forgotten that you were still injured.
"I'm fine, but I think I should shift back for a while. It would speed up my healing process." you replied.
"Of course." Loki said gently, already being in a better mood.

*

Next morning came and you woke up on Loki's couch. And apparently you had even shifted back already in your sleep.
So you took your clothes on the floor next to you and dressed up before Loki was done with his shower. You covered yourself with a blanket and went back on the couch to wait for him.

"Morning little wolf." he said as he walked pass you with his towel on his hips.
"Morning, feeling any better?" you asked intead. Loki smirked and huffed, which you took as yes. And as he walked to his wardrobe, you couldn't take your eyes off of his muscular body. You really admired it. He was beautiful, like really beautiful.
"Do you need a shirt?" he asked then and you woke up from your trance.
"Why?" you replied and tilted your head. "Are you saying that I'm dirty or something?"
"No of course not Y/N." Loki smiled. "I just... like the way they look on you." he blushed a bit. You blushed too and then walked over to him and grabbed a shirt from his hands.
"I'll take this one then." you said and vanished into his bathroom to change and clean up a bit.

You both were walking downstairs to get something to eat, but just right before you got there, Loki stopped. You turned to look at him and said "You don't have to go there you know. I can bring you breakfast into your room instead if you're more comfortable with that."
"I just really wouldn't want to see Stark's face right now. I think I couldn't resist the urge to punch him." Loki replied. At least he was being honest. "But I don't want you to go alone either." he added.
"What if neither one of us goes?" you suggested then. Loki frowned a bit but with curious look in his eyes and smirk on his lips.
"What do you mean?" he asked politely.
"What if we just.. leave?" you said. "Not for a long time, but for awhile so meanwhile everyone could cool down and finally put this all behind us."

You noticed that Loki actually had liked that little idea of yours. You were pretty surprised for yourself as well that you had actually suggested that. But Loki really had gained your trust, and in a situation like this, it would be more than just a good idea to take a little break together. Those Avengers had the ability to be quite exhausting sometimes.
"I like it." Loki replied confidently. "Let's get the hell out of this place."

*

"You ready?" Loki asked as he walked into your room after getting the things he needed. You had already packed your back and now you were writing a letter.
"Very soon, I'm just gonna finish this." you replied while you were writing. And then Loki walked over to you and peeked over your shoulder.
"And perhaps you could tell me what you are finishing?" he suggested.
"I'm just gonna write this letter and give it to Nat. If we are leaving like this, this letter is something at least I should do." you replied.
"I say we shouldn't give that to them. They do not deserve to know." Loki huffed.
"But if we don't, they're going to think that we're in trouble again. Or have you forgotten what happened two nights ago?" you said as you folded the paper in two. Loki didn't reply anything but just sighed heavily, and you understood his feelings so you let it go. You knew he was still very pissed at your team and you really hoped that this adventure of yours would cheer him up a bit.

"Okay, now we can leave." you said after you had shoved the letter under Nat's door into her room. Gladly every and each one of them were doing something 'very important' and no one would notice that you two had left until they've read your letter.
"Where are we going?" Loki asked then, being really curious. He hated possible surprises.
"I'm not so sure yet, but we'll figure it out." you replied.