chapter 23

It was surprising how openly Loki had shared his other side with you. He seemed like he had never been the type of person who would just randomly open up to anyone, especially someone he had known only so short time.

"Why did you came here in the first place?" you decided to ask, after Loki had told you enough about his frost giant side and clarified how he exactly had helped you when you had suffered in fever on the day before full moon.
Loki gave a nervous laugh and then glanced at your door. "Nat told me to do so." he replied and turned to look at you again. You just shook your head in amusement.
"Of course she did.." you said under your breath and didn't know should you be more thankful or embarrassed about it.
"I hope you're not too mad at me about it, little wolf." he replied with a little smile on his lips.
"It's fine.." you admitted. Perhaps you had needed someone to talk to and distract from the truth that your old friend had just got killed by the alpha.

You hadn't even realized that you had been ignoring that anger and rage this whole time with Loki, until now. It all flushed back the second you remembered why Nat had asked Loki to come there in the first place.
"Are you okay?" Loki asked when he noticed the emotion change in you.
"I'm okay.." you said, biting your tongue as a way to chanel the anger. But Loki looked like he wasn't going to believe you that easily.
"What do you have in mind?" he blurted directly, like he had just straight up read your mind.
"I need to figure out what Warren was going to warn me about." you replied and looked directly into his eyes. "And I also need to find the alpha."
"Is that so good idea?" Loki hesitated.
"Maybe..  not, but I really need to do this. I need to know what he was going to tell me about those wolves." you replied firmly as you stood up and Loki followed. "It's for all of us safety."

"I can see that there's no way I can change your mind about this." he replied then and you stopped to hear him out. "But there's no way I'm letting you do this alone either." he continued and you could feel the blush on your cheeks again.
"You don't have to-"
"I want to." he interrupted immediately. "Besides, what could possibly be more fun than play sherlock with my favorite wolf in the tower? Avengers are slightly boring and my days are even more when they won't let me leave this hideous building."

You couldn't help smiling at that.

"How do you even know who sherlock is?" you got interested.
"I found a book about him in that little library of yours." he blurted and looked quite proud of himself.
"Of course." you replied, at the same time being slightly impressed how many books that god of mischief had managed to read by now already.

But you also where a bit afraid that this wasn't going to be anything like in that sherlock book. No, way past that. You weren't so sure was it a good idea to bring god into this mess of yours, but you were sure that he wasn't going to back off either.

You really didn't have much of a choice.

*

Next morning you woke up from your couch. Rest of the day had went fast while Loki had kept you company and tried his best to keep you distracted. It had worked and you only have realized it now, which have made you doubt your wolf again too... how is it possible that she isn't scared of Loki anymore and lets her guard down way more easily than with anyone else? It wasn't so good idea from her.

'Yep, definitely not.' Those specific words crossed your mind as you glanced down at the floor, only to see Loki, passed out with a book covering his head.
And it was also very frustrating that you didn't even feel the urge to throw him out of your territory. And that made you worried more than anything else.

But then your thoughts got distracted while watching sleeping Loki, when someone knocked on your door and got Loki awake.

"Y/N? Are you awake?" you heard Thor's gentle voice behind the door. You didn't reply anything but just stared at the door and then glanced at Loki who got his ass up from the floor the second he had heard his brother. And he didn't even have any time to react after that before Thor opened the door without a single warning.
"I just wanted to-" Thor began but his eyes got stuck on his brother. "Well here you are!" he roared then for your surprise. You and Loki just glanced at each other confused.
"I've been looking for you." Thor continued and seemed to ignore the fact that Loki was literally in your room. Though he personally hadn't had enough courage to step in and now he just stood on your doorway like an idiot.

"What is it?" Loki asked, feeling frustrated.
"I just wanted to warn you that the team is quite angry at you right now." Thor replied firmly. Loki raised his eyebrows in reply while you frowned at the same time.
"Yeah, looks like Jarvis had caught you two walking outside of the tower in the night of the full moon. So that means they know you helped her out." Thor replied while he rubbed the back of his neck.
"Fantastic.." Loki sighed heavily, but not surprised. You weren't surprised either, more likely angry. It was already annoying and frustrating that they had tried to control you and your wolf. And now they were going to blame it all on Loki.

*

"I can't believe this." Tony sighed as you all besides Bruce, were gathered into the common room. You stood aside Nat next to you, observing from there what was about to happen.
"What were you thinking? You let Y/N go outside on the day of the full moon after we had told her not to go into the woods." Steve said to Loki, who was now glaring at him and Tony while Thor was standing beside him, just in case if his brother would decide to do something unexpected.
"I think she can decide for herself." Loki replied oddly calmly.
"But she didn't, you decided." Tony grumbled a bit and your fists clenched.
"No I didn't, I gave her a choice." Loki replied and took couple steps forwards, Thor following him step by step.
"Loki you have only been in this team for a very short time, you can't make these kind of decisions on your own." Steve replied, interrupting Tony from saying something he might regret later.

"This is not about what you want." Loki grumbled.
"Yes-"
"Tony!" Nat interrupted and walked over to them, leaving you stand there alone. "Loki is partially right.." she began and Loki huffed in agreement. "But so are you." Nat added and she got some weird looks from Tony and Steve.
"We are a team, we should discuss about these things together. Made the decisions.. together. We can't turn against each other, especially not in a time like this." she told them and you huffed quietly enough so they couldn't hear you. Actually, you were pretty sure they didn't even remember your existence.

"By the way, have anyone of you heard about those wolves we run into?" Clint changed the subject suddenly.
"No, but Fury said he will tell us if they do." Steve replied. Meanwhile Loki turned to look at you and you knew what he was thinking. You lightly shook your head as a sign to shut up, and gladly he understood the assignment.

"But if we can get back to our current problem over here.." Tony said then and pointed at Loki. "What should be the punishment?"

"Easy Stark, he is still my brother. You can't give him punishment for that, besides.. nothing  really happened." Thor stepped in like a protective big brother, which he actually was.
"Nothing happened? Then why did Y/N tell me she buried a fucking werewolf?!" Tony snapped and you started to feel your claws digging into your skin.
"Tony!" Nat hit him on his arm.
"What?" he grumbled back. Nat glanced at you and Tony followed.
"Right.." Tony said little embarrassed and rubbed his neck. But you just rolled your eyes, not surprised that they had forgot about your presence for awhile.
"It's fine, besides it was actually nothing." you replied then.
"Are you sure?" Nat asked sounding worried and you nodded in reply.
"Do you know why he died? Did he tell you anything?" Steve asked then. You looked quickly at Loki and then Steve, who was waiting for your answer.
"No. He was already dead when I found him." you lied.

You weren't going to tell them about Warren's death before you had figured it out by yourself first.