chapter 10

You spent the rest of the evening with Loki in your library, listening to him reading the book of werewolves and rolling your eyes almost in every part of the book. You were little surprised that humans had actual information in that book too, although it wasn't much either. For your luck Thor hadn't came back, after he had walked away looking angry as hell to look for you. You really didn't feel like hanging out with them. You had actually started to enjoy more of your new company, mischievous god Loki. It was weird that your wolf had learned to like him this fast. That wolf knew something you didn't and you needed to figure it out.

"As I was asking, before my brother interrupted us earlier.... is it true that you can kill a werewolf with just a silver bullet?" Loki asked suddenly as he closed the book. You sat up and looked at him, tilting your head once again. You weren't sure what he had meant by that. Loki looked little amused as he shook his head in reply.
"No, don't think I'm trying to find a way to kill you or something. I just read that fact earlier today and I actually had heard about it a long time ago." Loki tried to convince you. You really had thought for a second that he had something bad in mind, but maybe you were wrong.

Hopefully.

"So, is it true?" he asked again, looking curiously into your yellow wolf eyes. You shook your head and huffed.
"No? Then.. is there something else that kills a werewolf?" he asked with gently tone in his voice. He didn't want to worry you too much with those questions.

You nodded in reply.

Loki looked like he wanted to know more, but then he just smiled kindly and settled the book down on the table nearby.
"And you aren't going to tell me about it, am I right little wolf?" he said softly. You nodded again and at the same time you felt how your tensed muscles relaxed again.

You knew Loki was just curious. You had nothing to worry about. Right?

Then you glanced at the clock on the wall, it was getting late and you were tired.
"You're right, it's late. Can you walk properly?" Loki asked as he stood up.  You nodded as you stood up too and jumped off from the couch. Your wounds were almost completely healed, thanks to your wolf.

You followed Loki to the elevator and you headed together to your floor.
"Good night little wolf." Loki told you gently as he knelt down in front of you. He offered his hand, carefully and slowly, letting you sniff it first. Then he slowly moved his hand and petted your head.
After that, he stood up again and let you leave to your room. And just right before you closed your door, you turned to look at him and noticed his gentle smile on the other side of the corridor until it disappeared behind his door.

Next morning you woke up, back in your human form. Your wounds were healed and you felt so much better. You decided to take a long warm shower now when your wounds were gone.

After you had cleaned up, you walked back to your bedroom to dress up. Suddenly you saw Loki's shirt lying on the edge of your bed. You had probably took it off during the night and threw it there. You lifted the shirt and put it in your laundry. You were going to wash it before giving it back.

You walked into the kitchen and saw Loki drinking his tea, as usual. He lifted his head up and smiled immediately as he saw you.
"Hi Y/N, are your wounds already healed?" he asked politely as you walked over to him. You looked down at your hands.
"Yeah they're gone." you mumbled. Your confidence always disappeared the second you were in your human form. It was kind of embarrassing. And Loki seemed to had noticed that too, but he wasn't going to tease you with it.

"Would my wolf like some tea too?" he changed the subject and pointed at his tea. You gave a little nervous laugh and shook your head.
"No, I prefer coffee." you replied while walking to the coffeemaker.

You both were sipping your hot drinks in silence when Tony and Thor walked in.
"Y/N!" Thor said as he saw you. "Where you were last night? I was looking for you."

"Uhm.. I shifted, I needed to heal my wounds." you explained.
"Did it work?" Tony asked and sat next to you. You nodded in response and pointed at your arms which had nothing left from the bite marks.
"You should have told me, I thought something had happened." Thor grumbled as he walked over to you with his just cooked waffles. He was always acting like a big brother to you. You rolled your eyes as you sipped your coffee.
"Seriously Thor.." you sighed and it earned a laugh from Tony and grin from Loki, which he didn't let anyone else see.

Thor would had probably answer something stupid if the rest of the team wouldn't had interrupted him by entering in.
"They're fighting again?" Nat teased you while she walked over to you. Tony grinned and nodded in response while you and Thor rolled your eyes.
You wanted to protest if this time Jarvis wouldn't had interrupted you.
"Mr Stark." Jarvis greeted his boss.
"What is it Jarvis?" Tony asked, signing everyone else to shut up.
"There's someone on the door." Jarvis replied shortly. Tony gave a quick glance at Steve who just shook his head in confusion. No one was expecting anyone to visit.

"Show the guy from the security cameras." Tony ordered Jarvis and it didn't even take him a second to show it from the screen.
"Weird looking guy, does anyone recognize him?" Thor said as he looked curiously at the screen. None of them recognized him so you decided to take a look.

And now you just wished that you wouldn't had.

You slammed your cup against the table and stood up quickly. Everyone looked at you surprised, you didn't usually act like that.
"Everything alright?" Loki asked with concerned but gentle voice.
"No." you blurted out and headed straight to the elevator.

"What the hell you're doing here?" you grumbled as you got your way down to him. Warren's friendly smile disappeared as he saw how angry you actually were.
"I thought you would be happy to see me this soon again." he teased.
"Who's that?" Tony asked firmly as the team, including Loki, had got their way down to you. You glared angrily at Warren without replying to Tony. Nat walked next to you, glancing you and then Warren, trying to figure out the situation.
"What do you want?" you asked, ignoring Nat's presence.
"Alpha isn't very happy about the latest events, Lilith. Which you should know already." Warren said firmly. You clenched your fists and growled.
"I don't care what alpha thinks and I don't need you here to tell me that either. I'm not going to return to the pack, ever." you grumbled.

"So, you're from the pack." Tony blurted out as he realized who Warren was. Tony walked beside you as well, taking the 'protective dad' mode.
"And now, what the hell do you want from her?" Tony added.
"To bring her back to where she belongs." Warren replied firmly and turned towards you again.
"I think you didn't hear her good enough, she's not coming back." Thor said behind you and stepped forwards while pulling out his mjolnir.
"So you really choose them over your real family?" Warren ignored Tony's and Thor's threatening while he only talked to you. You glanced at them and your eyes attached in Loki, who was standing further, looking at you with concerned and also confused expression on his face. You turned back at Warren and nodded carefully.

"I see.." he sighed in reply. "This was your last chance Lilith. I can no longer protect you from the alpha." he said and turned his back on you.
"I don't need your protection." you grumbled and turned around to head back inside.

*

"What the heck was that about?" Steve asked after you all had got back inside.
"That was Warren, one of my old... friends." you explained, although you really didn't have any real friends in the pack.
"A friend? Didn't really seem like one." Clint said ironically while you all sat down on the couch in the common room.

"And what about the alpha? What did he mean by 'protecting you from him'?" Tony added and they all looked little worried. Maybe just a little scared too.
"I'm not sure, to be honest. But he really didn't like what happened between me and his second in the night of a full moon." you replied with shrug. You looked up and your eyes met Loki's, who was looking at you from further. He didn't want to say anything so he just surveyed from distance. But he sure did have something in mind.

What the god was thinking about?